Still Having PS trouble. Ideas? - Sorta Long
I still do not have hardly any power assist at idle in my jeep. Here's what has happened (sorry for the length).
1. While wheeling I blew a seal in the box. Then on the way home burned a valve in the 6 cyl.
2. Converted to 360, and installed a used AGR box bought from ebay. It was for a 79 or newer jeep (mines any 82) so I bought a new high pressure line, and got a return line from a junk yard. Then I changed the fitting in my pump and put it all together. I had very little power assit at idle.
3. My pump was new, but I invested in an AGR pump and installed it. Still no power assist at idle.
4. Since the ("new used) box had play in it, I replaced it with a new AGR box. Still no power assist at idle. I did all the work except the installation of the new box. I wanted the "pros" to do it incase I was doing something wrong.
5. I called AGR and they said pull the pump off, pull the valve out and spray brake cleaner in it. I did that and it made no difference.
6. The pulleys and belts are routed as they were on the 360 when it was in the G-waggy.
Is there a way to measure the flow of the pump by pulling off the return line? The only thing I can figure is that some how the hoses are restricting the flow.
Any other suggestions? This has been way to much of a pain, not to mention expensive. I wish I had just replaced the seals in my old box...