94 YJ Having problems runnning!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 09:41 AM
mr24boss

94 YJ Having problems runnning!!!

I'm having all sorts of problems with the o'l jeep. About two weeks ago I noticed it cuttting out on me when I was excellerating. It countinually got worse, so I decided to put better octane in at the pumps to maybe clean it up on the inside. This didn't help. I also put some injector cleaaner in it and apparently this didn't help either. Well two days I got in it to go to work and it wouldn't even start. I tried it several times and it will almost start but it wont fully crank. So basically I was having fuel problems and now it has progressed into the engine not even starting.

I think I should start with replacing the fuel filter. I don't know though becasue when I pushed my fuel release buttton on top of the injectors I had pleanty of fuel, and I did it several times. All I know is I would like to avoid just throwing new parts in it if I don't have to. So if any of you guys could give me some advice I would appreciate it.

Thanx
Brandon

94 YJ (4cycl,5speed) <font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 10:50 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: 94 YJ Having problems runnning!!!

Possible Problems:

1. Crankshaft Postion Sensor or connector harness failure.
Symptom: Long start cycle, intm. cut outs.
2. Fuel pump dying.
Apply 12 volts directly to the pump to see if you've got pressure.
3. Low fuel pressure... you're gonna have to install a guage on the schrader valve.

That's a start! [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 03:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This can't make sense,but it worked on my 93 2.5 5 sp.Check the plug going to temperature sensor.Carefully clean.Check engine light code pointed me to this,and it worked.Jeep wouldn't start and if it did, it wouldn't take gas.But now it runs like a champ.Somebody explain this to me please.
Jod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:14 PM
mr24boss

Thanx guys!! Hey Jod, so the same thing happend to your Jeep. It progressivly declined into not starting? Same symptons right. Again thank you guys for all your input.

Brandon
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I say check your engine for codes. To do this, cycle the key from the off to on position three times(do not start) and leave it in the on position the third time. The engine light will then blink. Count the blinks, and then look them up online or in a manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode