URE...You guys missed BEAUT! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

URE...You guys missed BEAUT!

Well, with everyone bailing and the ice storms to the west, I had to go by myself. Ran into a couple of guys at Eldorado in a BIG Chevy (Jim Greeson, had 42"s on ton housings) that let Josh & I tag along. We headed out RockyMtn Loop first. It was fairly easy going, but the clay was NASTY. The mud was loading up to point his 42" Swampers weren't cutting it!
We cut several trees that had fallen across the entrance to the Slab Dam trail and a few off of Wolf Den. Somebody had scattered the rock pile [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. When we got to the hill at Dutch John, we ran into several "fullsize" rigs that had just come down. They were still wide eyed from the slide! Jim made run on the hill, but was unable to make it past a rock near the top. I suspect he could have made it with a higher gear out of his double TC. Not to be out done, I made several "high RPM" runs at it, but was stopped within 15' of his spot everytime. I finally conceded and turned around (in Rhino's clearing [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and came back down. They all said it was a valient effort... for a Jeep [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] (give me a break, she's still open at both ends [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ). We back tracked out from there and called it an afternoon.
All in all, it was the nastiest I've ever seen URE, including Labor Day [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]! It could only have been better with you guys there to enjoy it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: URE...You guys missed BEAUT!

dang.. i hate "you shoulda been there" stories...
i cant say i woulda made it up, but i'll say I woulda hit it in 4th or 5th if i had to. I hit helicopter pad wide open in 3rd in the pouring rain...didnt make that either...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 10:15 PM
81cj5

Re: URE...You guys missed BEAUT!

Wish i could of been there. i haven't been out on a good long trail yet. Didn't you say in your last post that next weekend is the last of the year? If you or anyone wants to go just let me know and i will definitely go.

P.S. i thought you said a stock CJ would be fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode