Badlands Bash Progress so far - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Badlands Bash Progress so far

The badlands bash is a run open to anybody that wants to go, but one of the main reasons is to meet people off this board and put faces with names. Last year we had about 15 rigs there and it was a blast, let's get even more rigs there this year.

It's going to be in may 2003 friday may 2- sunday may 4th (people may arrive thursday if desired) with wheeling at the badlands 4x4 park in attica indiana and camping most likely at steam corrner camp ground (still have to get ahold of them), steam corrner was a great spot, we had plenty of room and only shared the place with 1 other motor home.

I'm planning on having an offical bash t-shirt and bumper sticker avilable for every participant and then possibly it also for sale to members of this board (dave your taking care of the design aspect, could you also take of making bumper stickers?). Also planning on a hog roast saturday night (jeff made any progress on it lately?).

This event will be a non profit event but we do need to pay for the costs of the t-shirts, stickers, hog roast, badlands fees, and camping. I propose how the fees work is you pay 1 fee that will include camping (varies on how many nights you plan to camp, but if we have a bunch of people camping as a group they will probably cut us a rate), 1 t-shirt and sticker (you could order more if desired), and saturday night hog roast then you take care of your badlands fees on your own (makes it easier for me and we don't get a reduced rate unless we garuentee 50 rigs, but if i have 50 peoples regestrations i'll pursue it). The 3 things i don't have figured out about the fees yet is who would the checks be made out to, when should the cut off for regestration be and what should we do about those people (t-shirts will have to be done by a certin date so no t-shirt but there might not be enough food), and what should we do with the extra $$ if we have any (maybe donate it to a charity like tread lightly or one of the land use or buy some raffle prizes to give away saturday night).

Do we have some one that want's to pursue getting raffle prizes, i don't want to take the reponsability because i have too much other stuff to take care of and don't want to disappoint anybody.

I'm hoping to have the fees figured out, a web page up and regestration forms up and ready by december 15th.

Leve could you please make this a sticky for a couple of days.

Anything else i'm missing?

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 06:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Badlands Bash Progress so far

What are you going to be driving there andy? I'm almost 80% sure I'm coming with about 4 jeeps from Auburn. So hopefully I can break some more [bleep]. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

my tj of course, i should have the d44 and d300 by newyears day (that's my goal, there's a badlands run that day). If i'm lucky i'll have a full cage, be running on 36's, have a front locker, and some lower gears, maybe even a doubler box. Now the challange is convcing my mom to slap some skid plates, rocker skids, a 2" lift and some 30" muds on her xj (already have front tow hooks to put on it).

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 07:09 PM

Are there typically women and children there that dont ride but just hang around together? I would consider coming if there will be extrs stuff for the wife and kids.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Mud racer brought his kids out for the day last year, my mom came, mav's old lady went, riograde brought his wife, pat brought his wife along with some other people and they rode along, trails range from mild to wild (mud racer was the "wild group" leader and his kids were in the back) larry brought his wife and she hung in attica during saturday instead of wheeling. So there's some other stuff to, what i'm not sure. Drag ricky, jeepgod, elusive and all the other east cost guys out with you.

Andy
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 08:09 PM

Rich if all goes well I'm going to try and talk the wife (and maybe my girl) into coming this year. I'd like to have her enjoy it too. So I'm sure there will be other families there.
Andy, as far as shirts and such....
So far I have only had one drawing submitted. I'm sure if no one else does it won't matter. It looks like he has plenty enough talent to handle the job. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If I can't find any one with enough cash or a buddy in the printing bizz then I will go with that online company. No cash out front. So no worries there. The only really crappy thing about that is that they only do one sided shirts with one design in the middle. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
We'll see how it goes.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

I have a buddy that works for t-shirt company, i shot him and e-mail we'll see what he has to say, i think why i would put a deadline on the regestration so no one would get screwed with the t-shirts. Making this a family thing isn't a bad idea.

Andy
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

That date may work out perfectly for me. I think my orders call for me to leave the bustling metropolis of Havelock June 1...
I have used up about every favour I could to get tow rigs for whereever I go... But I'll be out there with both jeeps. I'm sure I can get 4-5 more too.. You know I'm gunna have to drve right past uwharrie, tellico and Monteagle to get there...
Gooddogs know a bunch of folks that wheel there from Wisconsin.. its not really that unrealistic to get 50 rigs if we wanted..... personally I would prefer to pay more and have smaller groups
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bumper Stickers... I'd like to make these... my buddy runs his own Signs Now store and can do it for next to nothing. Tell me what ya'll want it to say and what color? Thanks ya'll [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Andy.. I am working on the food plans, I think I have found a way to offset the Hog costs if we end up with a smaller group. Hopefully we will have about 50 plus and it will not matter. I will have 2 rigs with me, and a total of 4 people unless the jeepwife ditches me. I am working up dinner prices, and the more people we get the cheaper it will be. As soon as you know give me a tennative count. We may just roast a whole hog, and feed everyone an extra day.

I should have my new rims tires lift, and maybe the winch or a locker on by May.. Love this new job,, they actualy pay you do work over time.... Sweet.

anyone heard from mudracer lately??

It is going to be sweet to meet some of the East coast Guys this year... Hope they don't laugh too hard at my stocker [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I should have the dinner price worked up by this weekend..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode