Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Questions about Soundbars....
1. Welcome to the forum.
2. Please complete your user profile:
a. It's a nice thing to do.
b. It's helps to know who we're talkin' to.
c It helps to know what's your ride.
d. It helps to know the local in which you live.
3. Read the New Posters Message at the top of the forum.
4. Participate! Two brains are better'n one!
Just why do you want a soundbar? IMHO they:
a. Take up room.
b. Turn up the volume and you get a ticket, or go deaf.
c. Can't hear yourself think under 'em.
d. Over priced.
e. Usually poor quality.
f. They can get ripped off easily.
g. Interfear with other roll bar mounted stuff, like a console, etc.
IMHO a sound bar ain't a (pardon the pun) sound investment. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Fiero Seats with speakers built into the headrests are the way to go. Besides those OEM YJ seats are just gonna break on you anyway! So now's the time to upgrade at a price less than a "quality" soundbar! It's like killing two birds with one stone.
1. They fully recline.
2. Speakers have great sound quality.
3. The seat is more comfortable than OEM stock seats.
4. The speakers are very unobtrusive, it is very hard to steal the speakers.
5. Extra Dash/tub/roll bar area for mounting other, more fun, stuff.
6. Less cost than after-market Seats, sound-bars, speaker wedges, etc.
7. Rear passengers can hear the speakers.
8. You save total cabin area!
9. You can hear your tunes at 70mph with the hard top off!
10. When you roll to a stop you won't attract police by exceeding db/Feet laws. That is always a plus.
1. Finding a pair at a reasonable cost.
2. Modification is needed to the seat and CJ floor mount.
3. They sit 2" higher than stock seats (though I like this!)