Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Plug wires...
1. The GM HEI produces a higher voltage.
2. OEM AMC plug wire insulation is not thick enough to contain the energy.
3. Replacement of the plug wires is necessary.
4. Using an upgraded wire (8mm comes to mind) with thicker insulation is best.
5. Now all that fine energy is contained in the wire and goes to the plug where it belongs.
6. The same condition is also true for the TR TFI ignition upgrade.