My TBI insrallation...If you wanna know more... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 09:18 AM
FrenchJeeper

My TBI insrallation...If you wanna know more...

Hello...

I did a quick webpage (no fancy things on it, sorry [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]).
It is HERE.
If you have any question don't hesitate...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:48 PM
ArkyCrawler

Re: My TBI insrallation...If you wanna know more...

Eric,
What do you think of the quality of the equipment they provided? Also, what about easy of installation, was it what you thought it would be?

Steve
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 02:25 PM

Please share all the details once you drive with it for a bit. I see you have the Clifford intake manifold. I remember from old posts that you were not getting the performance you were hoping from a carb. I'd like to hear about how the low end torque and idle are with that manifold and the tbi, as well what kind of top end performance you are getting.

Do you have a 4.0L head? Your running headers and a (longer duration) cam right?

Would like to hear the results if you ever put is on a chassis dyno. I'm all for a jeep that has both low end torque and respectable horsepower for the street. I use my jeep dual purpose and I can tell you that in my opinion the stock roughly <120 hp is insufficient for keeping up with todays traffic or passing on the highway, esp if there is a headwind.

What can you do to the programming of the ecu with the laptop connection? Can you tune, or just get feedback to burn a new chip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 02:48 PM
FrenchJeeper

Well, if i had to do it again, i would do it. I really like the way the Jeep runs now even if i still have a little bit of tuning to do... John is defenitely a nice guy who knows what he is talking about...The installation was not hard but a bit too long since i couldn t wait to fire it up!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 02:55 PM
FrenchJeeper

Well, i didn t do a dyno test yet but, even if i still have a little bit of tuning to do, i am impressed about hwo it runs now. Except cold idle which i have to fix it is real nice. I have a good low end torque and the engine goes high in RPM with out any problem (didn(t go more than 4000RPM but i am sure it would go for it...)
i ll tell you more about perf as soon as i get much time to ride it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode