help milkey white oil in air cleaner?head gasket? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

help milkey white oil in air cleaner?head gasket?

i have milk white oil in my air cleaner, alot of it but not on the dipstick and it keeps blowing new pcv valve out?could it be the head gasket?im not blowing any smoke out of the exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: help milkey white oil in air cleaner?head gasket?

1. A milky white color of the deposit indicates excessive moisture in the engine.
2. It could be a head gasket.
3. It may be a cracked head.
4. It may not be 2 or 3 above.
5. I may just be excesive condensation build up in the crankcase.
6. Monitor the coolant level for:
a. Loss.
b. Oil in the coolant.
c. Collant smell in the exhaust.
d. Deposit build up on the plugs.
7. Do you have ANY White exhaust (after Warm Up)?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: help milkey white oil in air cleaner?head gasket?

I also had that milkey stuff, but it ain't blowing out (as I understood your does). Mine was simple good ole' oil in ari filter, but in that tube from PCV (CCV) to the air filter there was (almost) alway some decent amount of that whitey stuff. I did as instructed here (thanx guys!), opened the valve cover, cleaned (a box-full) of stuff outta there, cleaned valves, changed gaskets & tightened all back.
Now I don't get any oil in the filter. No sir, no more! And the white stuff occasionally shows up (in the tube), but only (ONLY!) when I stress the engine. Stress would be a long steep hill, or going uphill w/o changing gears ( [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and similar.
I think that white stuff is some sort of mixture of moist & hot-oil gasses, which get pumped into that pipe, then get cold travelling cos they don't get pushed strong enoug to pass all the way though the air filter. That's what I've been told, and seems pretty possible to me.
Opening that valve cover is a piece of cake (if you're gonna do it). Really, a piece of cake. You'll just get dirty (hands, clothes), but that's it...
Hope it helps... [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: help milkey white oil in air cleaner?head gask

Do you do much short mileage driving? This is what happens (as LEVE points out) when you don't purge the moisture from the engine by running it long enough at operating temperature. If you only drive a couple of miles a day .......you don't purge yesterdays moisture .......you just heat up the interior of the engine enough so that when it cools ..........it sucks in more moist air. After awhile it pukes either out the dipstick or the breathers.

Pull the valve cover .......clean it up .......and .........take a longer route to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode