360 removal questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

360 removal questions

started to pull the 360 yesturday, and have a few questions. I got everything disconected up to the tranny and motor mounts. I took all the upper tranny mount bolts out. The 360 is bolted to a auto tranny, 727, do I need to remover the bolts that hold hte cover thing on the lower half of the tranny? How many bolts do I need to remove, so I am sure that I got them all.
DO I need to remove the starter? Is it possible to remove both bolts on the starter with out removing the exhaust, it seems to be in the way?

The last question is the motor mounts, I got them unbolted I think. Their is a nut on each side of the mount and a stud in the middle that goes all the way through the rubber mount I removed all four of the nuts on each side but cant get the engine to free up, when I lift the entire rig lifts?

Any suggestions will help,

Thanks
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:13 PM

Re: 360 removal questions

Did you remove the bolts that hold the flywheel to the torque convertor? Since you didn't remove the bottom shield on the tranny, I assume that you never removed those bolts. This shield needs to be removed to remove those bolts otherwise the tranny will wants to come out with the engine. This is probably why your whole rig is lifting up. Not sure on the 360/727 combo, but 3 rings a bell.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

glad its you and not me lol sorry yes the started needs to be removed most of mine have a torbo 400 but not that much different between the twoshould be 6 large bolts inspection plate bolts should be removed too.make sure you disconect the tranny filler tube from off the block too that is always fun to rip that apart if you dont. if worse comes to worse tow it up here to Medford and will have it out of there in a hour for you oh yeah did you diconect the exaust? forgot if you said you had done that. takes me about a 2 hours to rip the heart out of a truck and about 5 hours to stab the new one so it isn't that bad good luck if you have any real problems email me at [email protected] and I'll give you what help I can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yup forgot about the torque converter sorry thanks for reminding me lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode