RCI racing seats COMFORTABLE y/n? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

RCI racing seats COMFORTABLE y/n?

Are they comfortable or not? Im curious as I will be looking for some new seats for the Jeep. The poly ones and im cheap
LOL
Im not a big guy either so I will fit [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 12:28 AM
Addict

don\'t know if I\'d use the word comfortable

M34-

I've had them in my CJ for years. Not because of the amount of comfort they provide. Durable, low maintenance, easy to install, cheap maybe, but not because they're comfortable. They're not really bad, and it seems like if you can stand them when you first install them you'll be OK for the long term. But (pun intended) all my friends who ride around on seats with padding comment on them when they get in the Jeep. For a vehicle that gets dirty and often has no top to protect it from the elements they're just about perfect IMHO.

Jeff
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 06:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: RCI racing seats COMFORTABLE y/n?

YES!

I bought a set used and put them in my CJ. I thought that they wouldn't be comfortable but they are. I haven't even added any more cushion under the cover yet.

I have a bad back and I can ride all day in them. I guess the only thing I don't like is getting in and out. With my cage and steering wheel its kinda rough but I learned to deal with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 06:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i drove a friends jeep 4 hours home.. and it had them.. no padding.. just the seat.. i found them to be comfortable.. kinda amazed me.. and my g/f road with me.. and she didnt b!tch... so they cant be that bad.... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 08:07 AM
Mud in my Veins

I rode with Steve in the Greenmachine last year. I'm not sure what brand his seats are (plastic racing buckets w/ 1/16" of padding [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), but they weren't that bad. The up & down bouncing was rough on the heiny, but they do keep you glued when rocking side to side. The lateral support seemed to reduce the strain on my lower back from trying to counteract the movements all day long.

With a little extra padding under the covers, it might be soften up a bit. Don't try to squeeze into one with anything in your pockets though. I had a deep bruise from a can of Cope for about 3 weeks afterward!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 08:37 AM

They are great in a trail vehicle. Comfortable enough for a day on the trail. They really keep your butt in the seat. But I don't think I would put them in anything I had to drive every day. Definately get the padding.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Official Curmudgeon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Definately get the padding.

[/ QUOTE ]I know I'm not exactly answering the question but the MOST comfortable seat has no padding. The down side is you have to make it to fit you. You need to sit down in some plaster and let it harden, them make a mold of the impression you left. Now you can make a seat from fiberglass that fits you perfectly.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 04:00 PM
Addict

Ive had em in my CJ for about a year. No problems with em. I like em more than the generic vinyl seats they replaced. Lots of support, and thats the important thing. I dont even run with the padding that much, only when i know its not gonna rain... Having harsh springs is a little more evident with though... oh yeah, these are ridden in 30 miles/day when the Jeep is actually working...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 04:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I recomend them highly, i am a big guy 6'-2", 255# with a bad back and a cramped cj5 with 6 point cage, very tight. i have spent day's in them and i would highly recomend them. easy to install, ready for 4 or 5 point harness. on my wifes side i but a folding stadium seat under the seat cover. i think i could take it out and she would not even notice. good value.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

8 Positives Hmmm Looks like Ill get a pr. Now where is the cheapest place to buy ,Summit? Or Ill check with my Local Machine/Parts house
Thanx alot on your input

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode