weber 38 dges carburetor question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

weber 38 dges carburetor question

i know a lot of jeep folks have converted over to weber carburetors and was wondering how they perform on inclines . i have heard horror stories about flooding when climbing hills. i am specifically interested in the 38 DGES or the 32/36 . any help would be greatly appreciated .......Von Warner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Re: weber carburetor question

o.k. would it help if i told you that my brother has a 1979 cj5 with a 304 V8? maybe that will help you overlook the fact that i am a toyota owner [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] i figured that if any group of 4 wheelers were going to push a weber to extremes it would be someone on the jeep board . please help, i have to order a carburetor this morning....... Thanks...Von Warner
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 03:28 PM
BigMan

Re: weber 38 dges carburetor question

I had a 32/36 I never noticed any problems on inclines with it but I never did get the thing running right anyways. It needed to be rejetted since I'm running a built up 2.5liter 4cyl iron duke.(yes they can be built...kinda) Not exactly what the kit I bought was marketed for. i just replaced it with a 390 cfm holly 4 barrel. I'l sell you the weber if you'd like. I'l take $125 plus shipping. I only used it one summer. I used some of the linkage from the kit on the holly so some of it I can't give ya but I have the adaptor plates (I' have to find them) and the air cleaner. the kit I bought was for an inline six.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you haven't sold the weber yet let me know. I am interested.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

tanhks for the reply . i wish i would have known about your weber a week ago . i am going to take the holley 390 off of my toyota and convert to a weber . i would have just swapped you the holley for the weber..i went ahead and purchased a weber 38dges for my truck . i dont plan to do any "extreme" 4 wheel driving. but i dont want the truck flooding out on mild hill climbs and such .. from what i hear the weber will do just as good as any other carburetor on the hills if float level is set right and the fuel pressure is kept on the low side. thank you for the reply and your offer .....Von Warner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode