Best and Cheapest TJ lift?? what does everyone run - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 11:36 PM
Wrangler88

Best and Cheapest TJ lift?? what does everyone run

Just wondering what lifts all you guys are running on your Tj's, and if the new upper and lower control are "REALLY" make a differnce, i see Superlift sells a 4" with shocks and new springs for $459.00, and then theres kits for around $1100 or so, with control arms, then theres the rock ready kits for like $2300 which is to expense.. anyone find any happy mediums... thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Best and Cheapest TJ lift?? what does everyone run

you mean to tell me your an "old hand" and you havent learned to use the search button???!
we have gone over this many many many times.. then we beat it to death.. then we covered it. then we argued about it.. then we came to a conclusion. then we started the whole process all over again.
bottom line.. depends what your going to do with the jeep.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 06:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

He is right it has been beat to death,,, and I still do not know which one I am going to get.. The Rusty's lift looks really good and recieves good reviews, but I have heard allot of gruff about his shiping which is what is keeping me from getting it now. Course it is a 3" kit..

Elusive is right it comes down to what you do with it. I am progresivly doing more with mine, so I figure I can add as I fing the jeep's limitations.... And I agree 2xxxx Bucks for a lift is also out of my feesability range.

Worst thing bout choosing a lift you cannot try it out before you buy it and if you are like me after you buy it you will have to put up with it for years until you can aford a diffrent one..

also keep in mind compleetness. If i remember the kit you listed does not address things like pitman arm, sway bar links ect so is it really as cheap as it appears??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:26 PM

Just for clarification the Superlift kit includes 4 springs, 4 shocks, a dropped pitman arm, extended fr/rr sway bar links, limiting straps(not needed), t-case drop spacers, and a set of cam bolts. I would probly say its a decent lift for the price but I don't much care for the shocks.

IMO the biggest difference in ride is the combination of adjustable control arms and an SYE kit and CV driveshaft. That has made the biggest difference in everything with my ride. I rode on the kit for 2.5 years before installing an SYE and CV shaft.

My next step is to save money and fork it over for either the RE LA kit or the Tera kit when it comes out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode