OT - I've found where all the Jeeps have gone!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

OT - I\'ve found where all the Jeeps have gone!!!

Today I made a great journey. Not to the moon, or the center of the earth. No, I went to a far better place. Its under the name Wally's Sale and Service, but its far more. Folks the place I went is the place old Jeeps go to live out their final days. On a whim I had decided to stop by his place and see what he had. I had heard it was a great place to find parts, but I didn't know what I was getting into. As we (my dad and I) pulled into the lot I could tell I was gonna have a good day. Lined up were a few YJ's, two count em two Air Force CJ-10's in near perfect shape, other assorted CJ's and then we parked. A voice from the back of a building called us to them. While walking to the voice I passed by at least 5 Willy's, a CJ-6 (baby blue too, and all original), What appeared to be an m715 turned into a firetruck (I'm still not sure if thats what it was originally), and more CJ's than I could dream. In the back was a yard that I couldn't imagine. We went inside where he had a perfect GPW body, an M38 body, two unpainted from the factory steel CJ-5 bodies (not the current imports, but American made), a galvanized CJ-5 body, and more accessories than I had dreamed. It was heaven. He has or can get any new or used part you can dream up. He also specializes in military vehicles, so he had a duece .5, and some odd looking stuff I had never seen before. I asked him how many Jeeps he had and he had no clue. He told me he and his father started collecting them back in the '60's. His dad has since passed away, he is now in his 60's and he's still collecting. 40 years of saving old Jeeps from the crusher. 40 years of doing what we all dream of. I thought about bringing a camera with me, but sadly I did not. I will go back, and I will take pictures next time. I just thought I'd share my excitement with all of you. Now if only I could find some money to grab that CJ-6, and maybe one of them Air Force CJ's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 09:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT - I\'ve found where all the Jeeps have gone!!!

Valhalla for Jeeps. I can only imagine the awe that was on your face as you walked through this place. Is it just a private collection, or is it all stuff for sale? Where is it? Sounds like a place to take a pilgrimage to.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

I wouldn't quite call it a collection, just stuff he's collected if that makes sense. Most of what he had looked like a scrap yard, but it was the coolest scrap yard I'll ever see. I think he'd sell most of it for the right price. He knows what he has and he knows what its worth, so you wouldn't be able to pull the ole "buy from an old lady who doesn't know how good she's got it" routine. He said that only the stuff in front of one of his gates was for sale, but those were whole vehicles. If you needed any parts he'd have em. As for location, I can't tell you because then all the stuff I want wouldn't be there.

Just kidding, he's located in Kenosha, WI. If anyone wants more info let me know. Definately a place to pilgramage to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 10:14 PM

smokinggun swing by that place on your way down to the badlands for the badlands bash, most likely you'll go pretty close by it if you take 94 down.

BarrelRoll
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 10:53 PM

knifeboy do you have an address for the place? I'm in Oak Park (chicago suburbs...) How far am I?

-pablo
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Pablo, I'm not sure how far you are but I do have an address. He's located at 966 Sheridan Rd. If you take 94 North, take the exit for Hwy E in Kenosha (I think its exit 339) and go East. Take E all the way to the end which is Sheridan Rd. Go North on Sheridan and he's about 3 blocks from from Hwy E. Its worth the drive.

I'll throw the rest of the info on here while I'm at it.
Phone (262) 552-8330
Open 9-12 and 1:30-4 Tuesday through Friday
9-12 on Saturday
Closed Sunday and Monday

If you ever have any questions on Jeeps give him a call. He and his wife know more about Jeeps than you can imagine.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 12:26 PM
Old Hand

Nick...did you see any JEEPSTER' s or COMMANDO's laying around? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 04:38 PM

i'll be there on tuesday. i don't really need anything for my yj but there's nothing i'd really rather do than spend an afternoon with some old jeeps :-)

Dan is there something in particular you're looking for? I'll check it out for you if you'd like...

-pablo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode