URE (Uwharrie Nat'l Forest) Dec. 6-8 **UPDATE** - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: URE (Uwharrie Nat\'l Forest) Dec. 6-8

I should have both jeeps there. Joe sez he's wussing out.. so it looks like the xj's wont be represented. I called coasty yesterday and he will be there ....and he's even taking his jeep!
that makes 3 jeeps and 5 people from the coast...
how many you got planning to attend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 11:15 AM
Mud in my Veins

Looks we've had some dropouts from the coast [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. We'll just be able to talk about them around the campfire! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So far, I've got a bud from the Jeepster club coming, and MBAlbritton is bringing a bud to take pics. Might have a few more slide in for the day. The projected lows (20*-22*F) will probably keep the skirt wearers at home though. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Mud in my Veins

BTTT, for Mob, 67Rhino, & InjunJoe......come on guys! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 03:40 PM
Old Hand

I'd like to go, but the only street-legal vehicle I've got is a stock Wagoneer. Maybe I can get my buddy and his CJ-7 to go.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Yep, I'm planning on being there, and bringing in a few with me. john said he wants to ride instead of driving his TJ, But if Dave P. decides to go, then John will drive. Also Brian w/ Blue SOA CJ7 is planning on going, but won't know until later. Only thing is, We'll be comming on Sunday. John and I forgot about his girlfrineds Daughters birthday party on Saturday. Maybe afterwards we can cut out and meet up saturday night??? but that's just a thought right now.....

Brent
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:41 AM
Keyboard Implanted

well.. ill be there.. and i have a full leg cast on.. so i dont know why i see so many excuses coming up... [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Mud in my Veins

URE (Uwharrie Nat\'l Forest) Dec. 6-8 **UPDATE**

Several of you have asked me to let you know next time something was happening at URE. A bunch of folks are getting together this coming weekend to ride. Some are camping and some are coming down to ride on Sat. only. We plan to "headquarter" at Arrowhead CG.
There will be folks from the Jeepster club, SWB, JU [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], & others in attendance. Since this run isn't organized (or "sanctioned" by any of the above), everyone is welcome. Just make sure you meet the requirements to ride within the NF. We'll probably ride from mid-morning til late afternoon and do another run after dark on Saturday. Might even have some folks to ride on Friday & Sunday(?). If you have any questions, let me know.

BTW, the following weekend (Dec13-15) is "Closing Day" there, so we don't anticipate any large crowds. The cold weather will probably help also.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Can't Get Enough

I don't have any physical aliments, but I do live 2000 miles away [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] That's my lame excuse. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: URE (Uwharrie Nat\'l Forest) Dec. 6-8 **UPDATE**

Looks like things have fallen through for most of the folks planning to attend. Since the area was popped pretty hard last night/this morning with a nasty ice storm, camping may be brutal! The Badin area is probably without power, but the roads should be clear (projected highs in the 40s both Fri & Sat). As of now, there are still a a couple of us planning to ride on Saturday. If you were planning on riding, shoot me a PM or [email protected] and we'll try to reset the plans to accomodate.

Peace Out
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 06:32 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: URE (Uwharrie Nat\'l Forest) Dec. 6-8 **UPDATE**

If I can scrounge up $25 for Gas, Trail Fee, and some Cope, I'll be there, regardless of weather. But it would be Sunday, are you planning on being there Sunday or heading back Saturday???

brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode