TJ Dash - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 04:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TJ Dash

Hey guys, I have a TJ 2003. I have to up date my profile. Unfortunatly I had to get rid of the '83 CJ-7.
I'm trying to install a GPS on top of the dash and I need to drill some holes and run a cable behind the dash. The year before mine (2002) has two screws on top of the dash ans one screw in the ash tray to take the dash off. Mine doesn't have the ash tray screw. I don't want to force anything with out knowing what I'm doing. Do any of you know what I need to do to get the dash off or a site that walks through changing the CD player, I think they would have to remove the dash to do that.
Thanks, Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 05:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: TJ Dash

Well, I don't have an answer for you ...but you have shaken my reliance upon the TJ appointments being somewhat universal. They've changed very little in the general fastening of the interior between 99-02 (the two years that I own) ....or for the rest of the vehicle for that matter (conditions and exceptions apply). I've managed to get by with my 99 FSM and haven't run into a snag on the 02 yet. Then again it's only a little over a year old so I haven't had to do much to it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 06:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, it's weird; the 2003's have a few differences. My father has a 2002 and yesterday we found out the seat height for the front are different and the way the rear seats connect are different. You can't use a 2002 rear seat in a 2003 TJ. Are there any site's out there that specialize in CD player installs for different model vehicles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 10:25 PM

Seats are LOTS different in the '03's as well. Noticed that when I was shopping for my '02. Fortunately I STLL HAVE my '83!!!! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] That must have been hard for you to do...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 12:37 PM

Ok, this is what I think. Maybe be wrong as I have a 97. But with 97-02 you had a screw behind the ash tray. Once you removed the two screws on top and the on behind the ash tray you had to squeeze the lower part of the dash to get it off. Perhaps with 03 they just eliminated the screw behind the dash and all you have to do is remove the 2 screws on top then squeeze the lower portion of the dash and pull it off. Worth a try.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 02:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I never did quite get that screw behind the ashtray thing. I have some need for balance in most things ...and that offset fastening point just upset the heck outta me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode