Been thinking - D30 Vac Motor? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Been thinking - D30 Vac Motor?

Just wondering if it would be possible to take the Vacuum Control Switch completely out of the equation? I was thinking once I switch my jeep into four-wheel drive... I could someone hit a pressure switch that would send a vacuum to the Vacuum Shift Motor in the axle...thus allowing it to engage the frontend? Sense there are only three connections on the shift motor itself... one going and coming from the 4WD incator and one sucking the motor itself I could cap the three-way switch to the shift motor? This way is the front doesnt engage I know its ONE LINE or Just the freaking Motor Itself? Where would a good vacuum source be for this setup? Also what kind of switch would I use? I think this will work until I get the Manual Lock for $200! Let me know what ya'll think. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 09:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Been thinking - D30 Vac Motor?

People. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 06:24 AM
Old Hand

BTT
I've been wondering about the same thing. I could have sworn that someone posted something about a waggy having a vac. switch in the glove box one could use for just a thing but I'll be %#[email protected] if I can find it. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Somebody had a write up on a home brew D30 manual disconnect on the POR board but I can't find it either. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I know, I'm search challenged. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'd really like to be able to have 2 Lo with out taking out my front drive shaft. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:07 AM

The only thing I can think of is Quadratrac's had those emergency drive swithes in the glove box.

FYI a lot of Chrysler corp vehicles with the 2.5 Mitsubisi and some others used electric operated vacuum soliniod switches for various things they have 3 ports the top one has a piece of foam over it for the vent the other 2 have hoses. They are usually on the pass. side inner fenderwell.
These would be easy to convert to this app. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Old Hand

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="blue">
"FYI a lot of Chrysler corp vehicles with the 2.5 Mitsubisi and some others used electric operated vacuum soliniod switches........ These would be easy to convert to this app." [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.. I may even have one of those laying around here some place, That'll give me something to do today. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (if I can find it [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] )
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 09:56 AM
krazykracker

I mounted my switch inside for the same reasom, 2 wheel low. It really comes in handy with a front locker. If someone can tell me how to post a pic I'll show it to ya [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Click on the FAQ link above it will show you? well I'm just tired of the freaking Vacuum Lines screwing up. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 02:33 PM
Veteran

You can make the manual lock yourself. I'ts way easy. You just modify the vac motor and hook a choke cable to it so you can push/pull the pin inside from the cab. Easy.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 02:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you happen to have any diagrams of the design. Is it pretty straight forward? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 07:12 PM

my t case switch has been broke over a year. I by passed it and just pop the hood and swap the lines manualy.

I've always planned to connect a switch, but why bother. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I planned to use a switch made by clippard the MTV-4, here is the link.
http://www.clippard.com/store/displa....asp?sku=MTV-4

it is important to remember that you need to exhaust when switching pneumatics, that is why I selected an 4 way valve. (the exaust holes are not threaded.)

along with the switch you would also need some nipples

[img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode