OT - Which 1 for the kids, XBOX or PlayStation2? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

OT - Which 1 for the kids, XBOX or PlayStation2?

Jeeps, Trucks, and Enigneering Technology I understand. However, for Christmas, I am trying to figure out which video game technology to get for my elementary age kids. I have read the pros and cons of both XBOX and Playstation2 (PS2). Does XBOX have better graphic and game technology than PS2? I can tell there are more games for PS2 now than XBOX. Which video game technology should I buy? Any accessories that I should get besides a couple of games? I did see 4 X 4 EVO 2 Xbox, of course Santa would need to get something like this for Dad :-) Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 05:06 PM

Re: OT - Which 1 for the kids, XBOX or PlayStatio

according to my kids.. go for the PS2. the xbox freezes up too much, and there are a lot more games for PS2. games are also cheaper. my kids have both, and the xbox is collecting dust in the closet while the playstation2 is used almost every day.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 05:24 PM
krazykracker

Re: OT - Which 1 for the kids, XBOX or PlayStation2?

I have both, and the X-Box is the one that was a waste of money. Personally I would just use your pc, the graphics,sounds,games availble are way better than a home console and you already have a pc so you won't need to waste the money.(more $$$ for Jeep parts) [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 05:49 PM

My kids have the PS2, but most of the games are geared towards older kids (mine are 10 and 5). The ability to play DVD is also cool.

TJ
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 05:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How old are we talking about here? for kids younger the 12 I say get the new Nintendo GameCube, the games are for younger kids not as much blood, gore, sex (yeah sex, have you played Grand Theft Auto 3 [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]). I know a young couple with kids that got this system just because of that alone, plus you can't go wrong with Mario! I got a PS2 and it's great, I've heard bad thinks about the Xbox too.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 06:41 PM

my kids have both ps2 kids up to 14 then xbox i like the xbox myself,
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 07:06 PM

ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2.
I don't think I can really make myself any clearer. Take it from me, I'm still a kid, and X-Box is NOT a very good system in my opinion. Personally it's gotten most of its headway because of the endless amount of money Bill Gates has to back his system up. I think it was best put in an opinion column I read about X-Box once: "Blackley thought he had the formula for a great system because all the components were there for a great system (and they are): a powerful graphics chip, a beefy hard drive, a fast processor and DVD capabilities. What he failed to realize was that just because you have all the raw material to make a great system doesn't mean it's going to be great. Saying the Xbox is a good system because it's powerful is like saying you made a great painting because you used the best set of paints." I personally love PS2, it's got a ton of good titles, although I agree with BustedRig on GameCube for the younger kids, it's oriented towards the younger crowd a lot more, my kid brother's got one. I still love my PS2 though, and I don't think anything on X-Box can rival my addiction to Johnny Mosely Skiing and GTA 3/Vice City. That's just from an 18 year old kid's viewpoint, though.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: OT - Which 1 for the kids, XBOX or PlayStatio

Well, what do you expect? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Isn't that crap-box...er, X-box, made by the Microsh!t corporation? Doesn't it use some form of Windows for the OS? I can't stand Microsh!t! Stupid Bill Gates!! PS2 ALL THEY WAY BABY!!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 08:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have had my PS2 for a while now and have enjoyed it. Has worked great, plays DVD's and music CD's - I use it for movies and music, hooked into TV and Stereo. Games are plentiful and Grand Theft Auto is great for dad. I still prefer PS2 over all else.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 08:52 PM
Veteran

I say the PS2. I used to be in the computer field and worked on a whole bunch of different operating systems including a bunch of embedded systems. I hate Microsoft because I think they make crappy products. It does not suprise me to here that the XBOX freeses up, it is based on a operating system that is not very stable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode