Body lift installation questions. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 02:09 PM
jeepdad

Body lift installation questions.

Hello, I just picked up a Trailmaster 2in bodylift kit. Installation looks relatively simple. What problems should I be ready for? It looks like I might need longer battery cables. I am hoping for some hints to make this as smooth as possible. I am working by myself and I have to be done in one day. I have a shop to work at and would like to assemble everything before starting. Thanks, Jeepdad '92 Wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Re: Body lift installation questions.

A short check list:

Steering shaft
Radiator hoses
Brake lines (from master cylinder)
Fuel line (from tank)
Fan shroud
Clutch linkage
Engine wiring
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 03:01 PM

If at all possible, lower the radiator back to it's original spot to keep the fan centered on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 03:28 PM

Taz gave you the essintials. You should drop the radiator 2" if you raise the body 2". most kits give you the flat stock with the holes in it to do this. If not just cut 4 4"pieces of 1" flat stock and drill 2 holes at 2" apart and bolt them to the radiator in the mounting holes then mount the other end to the rad mounts on the rad support. this will get you right back to stock. This way stock hoses fit and shroud will fit as well.
Now to the doing it by your self. There were a total of 11 mounts on mine. I took all the mount bolts out on the passenger side and using a floor jack and a 4x4 hunk of wood i lifted the passenger side up until the new mounts would slide in then I started the bolts left them snug. Then went to the other side, (this of coarse after doing everything that the instructions said to do). I then did the same thing there and lifted the body high enough to get the mounts in and put in the new bolts. This worked very well for me and I had it up in about3 hours. Another 4 to get every thing complet. But I did not have to contend with any rust or stubborn bolts living here in AZ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode