Links sticky - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Sounds good as long as I don't have to maintain it 7 87.50%
I'd rather stumble along on my own - Jeepers are explores, we don't need no stinking maps 1 12.50%
I don't do polls 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Official Curmudgeon

Links sticky

There have been a lot of links posted here in response to "Where can I get" questions. What would be the opinions of a second "sticky post" with all the relevant links consolidated and catorgorized on one page?

Maybe we could even have a rating system using:

[img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] for best overall rating

[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] for poor overall rating

[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] frustrating to deal with

[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] stupid web site

We can't have the duty to keep it updated fall on LEVE, we'll have to keep it updated and just post a new thread to replace the old one every so often. If you guys want to search through you bookmarks and post the links here as text, I'll start the process.

Form should be

Category: Frames

Company: Advanced Frame Works

URL address: http://www.montanajeepframes.com/

Don't make the link clickable.

Finished product would look somehing like:

FRAMES
Advanced Frame Works

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 09:49 AM

Re: Links sticky

My bad.......I thought thats what several of us had already been doing.
@[email protected]
www.shortwheelbase.com
@[email protected]
That was the whole purpose of making that site.(for the members, by the members)
There are tons of links and answers there for manufactures, sites, tech, etc.
Take a look.
And best of all..........
If you see something missing that you want to add........thats all you have to do. Just add it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 09:50 AM

I forgot to add.........
YES, you can rate them too. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Official Curmudgeon

No offense Dirt Dog, especially if you have a personal connection to the site, but it's poorly done. It looks like one of those sites where somebody is more interested in showing how "cute" they can be, with the "CJ YJ TJ" background letters that look like they are embossed in metal, than providing information. Here we scream, "It's not a car." When I see one of these sites, I scream, "It's not television."

Secondly, it uses frames, which I detest, and there is too much clicking back and forth to find what is there, which isn't much.

As far as the information, I found no links for frames like AFW or Matkins, one link for brakes, I was looking for brake line and hose, one link for tools and equipment and it's Craftsman, but 24 links for wheels and tires, 16 for camping equipment, and another category for "cool" add-ons.. I guess it's alright, but I expected tops to be listed under "Tops" not "Body and Exterior".

Might be a great site for someone looking for wheels and tires for his lowrider Jeep or the Boy Scouts looking for pup tents, but I came away without finding much useful.

There used to be a couple of good informational links pages for Jeep parts and accessories. Simple text links on a white background, all one page, no advertising banners, categorized under simple but meaningful headings, but they are no longer maintained.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 03:23 PM

No offence taken. Connection.......well I run the tech section. And as far as content thats on there.........it was submited by no one but our BBS members. Feel free to add whatever you feel is useful. While I agree it's due for a facelift I never felt it tacky. And I'm really not sure how you found it all to be "bling" items. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sorry you didn't find it usefull.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Official Curmudgeon

Understand that my previous comments were limited to the manufacturer and vendor "Links" section. It appeared that a lot of them were placed there by the manufactures and vendors considering some of the comments beside the links.

The tech section is another story. I've been there several times and although I never used anything directly as presented, some of the ideas were incorporated into other designs. I especially liked the steering brace from a connecting rod for ingenuity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode