Stock Fog Lamp Wiring on YJ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 12:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stock Fog Lamp Wiring on YJ?

Hey folks, new guy here. I tried searching the board for an answer but as far as I can tell, this question hasn't been asked before. So here goes.

What I'd like to do is wire my brand new $15 driving lights(going with the I'm-gonna-break-it-anyway-might-as-well-make-it-cheap-to-replace route) into the stock 'fog lamp' circuit that I see in the schematic(haynes manual). My 1991 YJ didn't have the stock ones from the factory but I'm pretty certain that the wiring is in the harness anyway. I have a fuse for it in the fuse box under the hood, and there's a space for a relay there as well(though it's not there).

Anyone with the stock lamps know what the wiring looks like? Where does it break off from the main harness? What connectors should I look for? The schematic has the wire colors but doesn't seem to show the connectors.

Anybody know if this can be done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 03:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Stock Fog Lamp Wiring on YJ?

How about just splice into the Low Beams? Or the Relay for it... [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
How about just splice into the Low Beams? Or the Relay for it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for replying, Muddynut. I read the numerous threads about 1001 reasons not to take high-current wires into the cab area and what wire goes to terminal 87 and all that. So I know how to run my own wiring for the lights.

What I'm asking is if I can use some of the wiring that already exists in my stock harness to do the job. It just seems silly to make a redundant circuit when I might have a fully functional one ready to plug the lights and a switch into(and add the missing relay).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 03:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where did the stock fog lamps go, anyway? I don't see any mounting holes anywhere--all I could find when I looked around and near the bumper were the threaded holes in the frame under the plastic crossmember cover that are there for the tow hooks. Or are those the fog lamp mounts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode