Guy called tonight, said "Want a Jeep for free?" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Guy called tonight, said \"Want a Jeep for free?\"

Yep, I LOVE getting those calls. People occasionally stop by because they know I love Jeeps, and frequently have them hanging around the farmhouse (like cattle, only they eat less). I have talked to the guy in the past, and like the Wagon he plowed with. Well, tonight he called and asked if I wanted it. He said he'd like it moved and didn't need it, just come and get it. It's a 1952 Willys wagon, runs fine, but needs a new radiator, brake master, and some minor rust work. Plow even works fine. Sorry the pics are so dark, I wanted to run over and grab a pic of it. It's coming home Saturday morning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Guy called tonight, said \"Want a Jeep for free?\"

That's cool! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I want to build one of them up next. They were very popular around here and there are a lot sitting in tree strips and several at the junk yard. They look realy good when they are restored. Heck, even if you are just going to plow snow that's cool.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 12:22 AM

Lucky SOB. Congrats on the next "purchase"? Or is it simply an acquisition. At any rate, Congrats. Keep us in the loop on the progress..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 12:30 AM
pig

It's beautiful! The Jeep gods have truely blessed you! (maybe for answering all those stupid questions I keep asking :-) Have a nice day!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 05:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Congrats!! We have that happen from time to time. We have a few Willys (a couple of pickups and some converted wagons). My brother has been plowing with one of them for 10 years. I'll show him this thread, he'll be jealous. This one looks in pretty good shape, all things considered. Oh, were brakes optional in Willy's?? None of the ones we had ever worked.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:10 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Guy called tonight, said \"Want a Jeep for free

Man those are sweet rides.... I had a 1963 with the tornado 260. I still have the engine but had to part with the rest when I got married. Before i built my latest jeep i was thinking about putting the 63 on a blazer frame and drivetrain I had. It would definately make for an unusual wheeling machine (can't say I have ever seen one in the woods). I have seen some restored that looked awesome.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Great score, Mark! My neighbor has one he wants me to get running for him. I keep telling him, if I drive it out his garage, it'll be with title in hand!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 02:01 PM

Sweet deal! Gotta love them freebies! Before my dad was given the Willy's pickup he's got now, we looked at several of the station wagons. There are quite a few of them here in Alaska--seems the Army was rather fond of them in 4wd for here in the snow! One guy had two he was trying to sell for $600 for the pair. I lobbied VERY hard for my dad to buy them for his project (they were in EXCELLENT shape, the problems they had were engine/drivetrain which I MUCH prefer to body work) however, he decided he wanted a pickup or CJ instead.

Good luck with it! Please keep us up to date from time to time with pics!

Congrats!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How come something like that never happens to me? I like to think I would be a very deserving person. But then, where would I put it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode