York with a Serpintine - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 01:44 PM
jumpinNrollin

York with a Serpintine

I would like to know what year, make and model of car or truck came with a York and a Serpintine Clutch. I have used the Search and came up with only 3 references and none of them gave this information. I need to know this info for replacement parts on an OBA (I know Kilby carries the clutch [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). Please does anybody have this info [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 02:27 PM

Re: York with a Serpintine

some body here said a mustang 80 or 81 I think. The only thing I can find that used one is a Navistar engine(big rig), 93-95. The cheapest place for the clutch is kilby unless you can find one in a junk yard.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I heard its a Volvo? Not sure the year... OBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 08:13 PM

Kilby's is not the cheapest.
Go to any Kenworth Dealer and they will have new ones for between $70 and $100. I got my 6 rib, 6 1/4" serpentine pulley from the local Kenworth dealer in vegas for $69 on sale,(they go on sale very often, you just have to get on thier E mail list,a dn they will notify you monthly with sales).
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 08:22 PM
goose

I found one at a local pick-n-pull. It took alot of leg work. the last row of cars before giving up and i found one. I had no tools and only and atm card(which they could not take). So a trip to a KMart and back, now I'm the proud owner of a serp pully system.
OH YEAH... it was a 79 Ford Mustang (II, I think). Good luck.
I spoke with a manager at the yard and found that they strip alot of the compressors and have a contract with someone to provide these compressors to them. If you are able, talk to a manager and see if you can check their stock. The bin I was looking in was aprox 4' x 4' x 5' high full of compressors!
One more thing, I have blown two of these compressors and have just got any other compressor (V belt type) and pull the pully off and put yours on it.
Goose
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 05:10 AM

I called the local navistar dealer and they wanted 159 bucks for theirs, I will call the kenworh next!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode