YJ Clip on a TJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-1999, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YJ Clip on a TJ

Would a YJ front clip bolt up to a TJ? I know that YJ clips will fit on the CJ no problem and the CJ clips will fit on the YJ. Just looking for something a little different w/o being outrageous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-1999, 11:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: YJ Clip on a TJ

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Do you know what the definition of a "custom" is? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Here is the definition: "If it has one take it off; if it doesn't have one, put one on; if it is high, lower it, if it is low, raise it; if it has round lights.........well, you get the idea." A YJ front end on a TJ is the craziest thing I ever heard of. What will it do to new Jeepies who have just recently learned to tell a YJ from a TJ from a CJ? Hmmmmm...?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-10-1999, 02:23 PM

Since you can't do a TJ clip to a CJ/YJ without grafting on a TJ cowl, I'd say the reverse would be true as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-12-1999, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wasn't trying to do a crazy thing but yeah I guess it would confuse all those new Jeepies out there. But then again that might be the fun in it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. The reason I asked was that a buddy crunched his left fender,grill and dented the hood. Nothing too major. I have a front clip from a YJ laying around and he wondered how much work would be involved to do the conversion. I knew that the windshield angle was different but how much grafting of the cowling would it take for it to fit on the TJ.
Thanks.

Cutch 88YJ
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-12-1999, 11:20 PM

You'd need everything from the front of the doors forward. It ain't no bolt-on ;-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode