Local U Pull It having "all you can carry for $29" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Local U Pull It having \"all you can carry for $29\"

Our local U Pull it is having an "all you carry" sale. Everything is covered on it. The rule is that you have to be able to "carry" it throught the gate and more than one person can help you carry it. So, with that thought in mind....How much does a 360 weigh? If I get a couple of my buddies to come out there with me...would we be able to "carry" through the gate? We can use all the other stuff to get it to the gate but we have to carry it through the gate. What do you think? The even have a CJ in there with a 304 in it, so I am getting the engine frame mounts too.

Alec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:07 AM

Re: Local U Pull It having \"all you can carry for $29\"

I would think you would need 3 beefy 4 average guys. I can fairly easily pick up a block. But it is a struggle when everything is in it. Then add heads and that chunk manifold. Do not forget to get the flywheel and exhaust manifolds also. How are you going to get it to the gate, that is the question. Pulling it out of the vehicle too.

$29 is great. We have a Junk a thon coming up here, same deal but it is $40. Take em up on that $29. Personally I smell OBA for me and Delco charging sytem. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Have fun!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:33 AM
Official Curmudgeon

540 lb late model to 600 lb early model.

I found this link some time ago engine weights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Get a couple of Pipes that can support the weight of the engine, some chain and some grade eight bolts. Get teh idea? hook the chains on the pipes and bolts and bolt them to the bolck like you would on an engine lift. then lift the engine using the pipes so you can use your leg muscles to lift. cople towels between the pipes and your shoulders can add a little comfort [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] GO FOR IT!! I bet two stout guys could carry it that way.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:13 AM

those are a bargain, one local does it $20, but its 20 per person, so if it takes 4 guys thats $80, still a good deal, but I think its more than 4 guys can do, remove from truck, and carry, alot of potential to get hurt!

Ive carried dana 44s, amc20s, tf727 trannys, gm trannys, and other stuff by myself, I was hurtin for days but I got good deals! haha

some folks take lawn chairs and just sit and watch folks get stuff, I grabbed all the distributers I could find, all the good carbs, amc V8 timing covers, Yorks, seats, steering columns, steering boxes, you name it, its a gold mine, carry a big military duffle bag!

have fun
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

we did this some time ago.. it was $40 all you could carry... we used an old car hood... thru a 350 with a th350 tranny on it.. and dragged it out.. just take some chain with you to hook to the hood.. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 01:05 PM

thats cheating JeepGod! they wouldnt let us drag anything, or use any wheels!

we tried having a pallet on an axle we wanted, and roll it all out, no deal, had to be carried.

IM hurting thinking about it, but Id love to go again!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 10:21 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I agree, cheater. The local yard up here has the same thing once a year, used to be $20/person, not sure of what it is now. You did have to carry it about 10 feet across 2 lines though, and no dragging. Problem is, they didn't have a huge selection, so no decent parts for me. I have watched people grab axles though, a pair of guys used a tow strap, went around a front and rear D44 axle set and lugged them out, cost was $40 total.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 08:55 AM
Keyboard Implanted

cheat??????

i beg to differ.. i improvised.. adapted... overcame.. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i think after our episode.. they proclaimed that it had to be carried out.. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] since we plenty of small junk on there also..
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Official Curmudgeon

Yeah jeepgod, so it YOUR fault, I've got a few that are my fault. One was a local Michael's hobby and craft store. They were selling HO model buildings for real cheap. I'm sure they figured on the average modeler only wanting a few kits, I guess they never heard of kitbashing. I walked out wit two shopping carts full, next months they ran the same sale with a limit of 6 kits per person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode