check engine light - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

check engine light

The cel came on today.Checked all fluids and oil pressure good as well as temp. reading.Also it studders and misses badly when going up a steep hill. Put new fuel filter in a week ago (installed correctly).Does the cel sense low fuel pressure? 93 wrangler 2.5. What's my next move?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: check engine light

Turn the Key from the OFF to ON position Three Times then leave it on the ON not start. Read the Code. It will blink a certain number of times... its the First number of the two digit (maybe one) number, then pause and give the second number. Post the numbers on here or get a Chilton's Manual and look them up. Might be your O2 sensor or MAP sensor. Let us know. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Another thing I've only got three stars so my information might not be completely correct. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 06:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Muddynut,
Got a code as you suggested,but it doesn't look right. It is 3-3-2-2-5-5.Don't have a chilton's.Any ideas.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:57 AM
FrenchJeeper

Well, here are the informations i can give you but, i am not responsible for anything if i am wrong!!!... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You have code 33 which means "MAP sensor voltage too high (> 4.0 V). Possible vacuum leak in hose to sensor or faulty sensor."

You have code 22 which means "Throttle position sensor failure - below .2 volt for 2 seconds while engine running; probably broken or burned wire"

You have code 55 which means "ECU A to D error. Check ECU grounds, or excessive input voltage"

Well, i hope it will help...
Good luck
PS: I have 4 stars but don't know why!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Errr Frenchie [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ...I'm sure 55 is the "end of message" on the US models.

and the other codes may be in question here as well. These are allegedly good for the 93 model year.

22 is supposed to be a coolant temp sensor
33 is supposed to be an ac cutout relay

...that is, according to this site

Oh ..one UK jeep site had a code list that was in conflict with this site. Hence I think that any other "Euro" codes may be different as well.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That A/C relay [bleep] that is gives you goes away... trust me I had the same problem on my first jeep after driving a long distance it would come on. I'd turn my car off and turn it back on and it would be gone. Goodluck [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 05:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

after reading posts, I pulled the plug on the temp sensor.Looked ok,so I airhosed it and stuck it back together.Ran it about 25 miles or so today and no more cel. Thanks to everyone for the help. Jod
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 05:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glad your back on the road... [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 02:09 AM
FrenchJeeper

Oups!!! I am sorry... But I STILL HAVE 4 STARS [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode