Update: Dishonest Board Member Strikes Again -LONG - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Update: Dishonest Board Member Strikes Again -LONG

Sorry to dredge this crap up again, but in this environment, folks need to know the facts.

Here's the *FIRST* instance of issues with this person.

Shortly before the first incident came to light, my brother was looking for stock parts to replace a grenaded front driveshaft and whining tranny. On my brothers behalf, I contacted this person via PM to inquire. He was very willing to ship the parts, we agreed on the price, and a MO was sent the following day. Now, near 30 days later, we don't have the parts. Many PMs, emails, and a phone call were placed during this time to try & find out the status on these parts. He finally PM'd back after the call that "things had come up". He also stated that "we lost a modem and couldn't reply" (the phone still seem to work and he had both our numbers[img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]). I replied back that was fine, but the lack of communications was unacceptable and we would be expecting parts or VALID tracking numbers by the Nov.20. I also stated that if this "deadline" wasn't met, my brother would file complaints with both the USPS & the local authorities in WI, and I would begin educating folks here regarding his accountability (or lack of it). I even sent reminders that the date was approaching, but never recieved acknowledgement he had got them.

Fast forward to tonight. His mommy [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] called to say that:
A) the parts hadn't been removed or shipped (after we were assured they were coming LAST month)
B) she preferred to return the money (he evidently gave her a lesser total than was he actually recieved [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
C) if we still wanted the parts, she would insure they were removed during Thanksgiving "when he was out of school" and shipped
D) That "he's ONLY 17..."

My purpose is not to slander him, but to warn anyone thinking about dealing with him in the future. While the phone call from mommy was nice, it shows a consistent level of immaturity on his part.
Based on this, I'd recommend NOT dealing with him any further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:25 AM

Re: Update: Dishonest Board Member Strikes Again -LONG

What did you guys decide to do? Get the money back or wait for the parts?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

I left a message with "mommy" to pull the parts and have them shipped. I figured letting her "buy" his way out of this wouldn't teach him a thing. A few busted knuckles should do the trick! Then again, I question whether the tranny is actually a T5 and in decent now [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:44 AM

Congrats on getting what you wanted. It is a shame that this guy just let himslef fall back into the same thing he was shamed for not to long ago. It is a shame that some one would do this to a trusting person. Maybe his Mom will chew him out and he will get his act together. This is no way to go through life, being untrusted. Let us knoiw if you actually get the parts.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 01:37 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I pulled this from the last post about this....
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Everyone messes up at least once in their life. I have dealt with a lot of people on the board, and I am NOT usually like this. I simply had a streak of ignorance. Everyone has them, so please lighten up a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone does screw up sometimes, but repeat offences so soon to each other will make some people question your integrity.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know how it feels on both ends of the rope... Sometimes you send the money and wait until the end of the world to recieve what you want. The other times people send me the check ASAP and I got to find time to get around to shipping the sucker off between school, work and play... but there really is no excuse for a month of waiting. Repeat Offenders should just Hang it UP! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 07:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I wonder if we can have his sig say """""Do not buy or sell parts from/to me"""""

But after this second time. I doubt he will be coming around again. This really sucks. I just bought something from Tom85cj and because both of us were going away one weekend and him the next weekend. It took a couple of weeks to get it shipped. Well as long as you know what the deal is nobody will get upset. Heck Tom even tried to ship it out before he left but UPS wanted to much to shipped it. Now thats how all deals should go down.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I've been slack about sending parts before, but I'll be damned If I don't keep in contact and keep the buyer up to date about what's going on. The again, I've had parts out the door before ever being paid. When the money is "on the way" But to have to deal with Mommy????? I just hope his mommy is the kinda that kicks his ass for her having ot talk to an upset customer of her sons.... I'm sitting in a spot right now where I have mailed a part, and haven't been paid yet. and it's been sometime. the buyer has kept in touch with me and returns ALL my emails. I'm not too worried about it right now cause I'l be down in his neck of the woods at X-mas. We're suppose to meet up, ans hopefully he's gonna have some tickets for me and mine to a Theme Park he works at. I just hope I'm starting one of these posts to kick off the new year coming. Right Mr. Buyer of my parts [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

brent
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 08:10 AM

Those who followed the previous mess know who he is, but consider posting his real name and address so that if he changes his handle on the board, we'll still know what to expect.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How about a vote to ban scum bags?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode