Oh I wish.. that just once... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Oh I wish.. that just once...

Some idiot would do this to my Jeep and I would catch him. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...183/2q585.html
I hope that link works. But If I ever caught someone sticking any sticker on my Jeep. (Even a little dealership sticker after being serviced) knock him out with a tire iron, then immobilise him with stickers. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 02:06 PM

Re: Oh I wish.. that just once...

That would not go over too well with me. I would like to think that I could come up with a better place to put that sticker if I ever caught some one like that. This should be considered destruction of private property and that person should be arrested. I think it is horrible that the person who took that picture is just watching them do it. The photographer should have stopped him and called the Police on him. I believe that this picture will give other people new ideas of how to desecrate a vehicle in a feeble attempt at making a point. This is a complete outrage. Please if any one catches some one doing this make sure ever sticker that person has on them is used to “decorate their body”. I have a few rules: Do not mess with me vehicles, wife, house, food or dog ( in no particular order).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 02:07 PM

That sob should be arrested for vandalizm. If that were my truck, I would take and have the offensive sticker "Professionaly" removed then have the truck fully detailed, waxed and everything! and send that weanie the bill!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I totaly agree with Scoobydoo's idea (waxing & stuff).
I just can't guarantee that I wouldn't beat the hell out of him before waxing & presenting a bill. But that's my temper. I just can't stand it when people mess around with stuff not their. Hell, get your own whatever and do whatever you want with it. From how I see those things, there absolutely ain't no difference if somebody attaches you a sticker like that, or he enters your house & attaches a sticker on your forehead while you're asleep. Same d*mn thing!
I got angry as .... just thinking of it! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!! [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Actaully, i think I would like to put one on my 8mpg CJ just to shove it back in their face as a joke back on them..... Hhhhmmmm, maybe I'll make one [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But ya, without my permission..... that's another story.. I'd probably have a few choice words/actions for him and then leave it on there [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 04:20 PM

Notice they don't try that in Alaska? There are so many trucks/SUVs up here, they'd go broke trying to sticker them all! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, if I caught someone doing that to one of my rigs, I would detain him until the arrival of the police. I would DEFINITELY have him arrested for vandalism......heck somebody with some chutzpah (I think that's how it's spelled!) could even make a case before a court that the stickering lead to some sort of mental disorder and sue the anti-SUVers for a lot of bucks....remember it's always best to hit them where it hurts the most--their pocketbooks!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There's a whole website preaching that sort of vandalism.

http://www.changingtheclimate.com

an excerpt of their "rules of engagement"

>>BEGIN CLIPPING<<

Our Rules &amp; Guidlines for Successful and
Ethical Big Game SUV Tagging:
1. Only tag the big ones. The Ford Expeditions and Excursions (I avoid the Explorers), Chevy or GMC Suburbans, 1500's, 2500's which often go by the Yukon and Tahoe name. The Cadillac Escalade, Toyota Land Cruiser, Land and Range Rovers and Lexus LX470 are all to be considered targets of opportunity. It is best to tag in the affluent suburbs where you will notice the Urban Assault Vechicles are never dirty. I figure that most people in rural areas are probably using them for a functional purpose and therefore don't tag in these areas.

2. Do not tag small SUV's such as any Suburu, Toyota 4Runner, etc. Owners of these small and reasonably fuel efficient SUV's keep complaining to me when they are tagged. We are after only the grotesque and bloated gas guzzling members of the SUV species.

3. Don't tag commercial vehicles, contractors, or any business affiliated vehicles. Also no pickup trucks. We have no gripe with people who really need these gas-guzzlers. It's the morons who are keeping up with the Jones' that raise my back hairs.

4. Don't retag vehicles that you recognize as already tagged (we can usually spot left over pieces from the original tagging).

5. We only tag late model vehicles, not some beat up old Suburban some poor soul has inherited.

6. Don't tag just because it's a four-wheel drive vehicle. Only the really big obnoxious ones.

With these restrictions there is still an unlimited number of eligible vehicles.

SPREAD THE WORD AND CHANGE THE WORLD!

>>END CLIPPING<<

Because going out and doing something useful with their time, like cleaning up trash and litter from a river or similar, would be too messy. Plus it's hard to feel smug when you're up to your armpits in trash.

---
I have animal magnetism. When I go outside, squirrels stick to my clothes.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The more exposure these idiots get the better for them. They are asking to be sued, bet they got a scum bag attorney on board - probably drives a gas guzzling sport sedan. Good [email protected]# whooping for bumper stickering.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:37 PM

I think we should all contact them flood their e-mail system with a stern resentment of their "mission". We should all send them an e-mail letting them know exactly what we think of their "cause". We also need to remember to be dignified and respectful so they do not have ammunition to dismiss our views as just a bunch of dumb SUV loving idiots. As soon as I get home and can send an e-mail I will.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 02:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here's how their statement should read:

>>BEGIN CLIPPING<<

Our Rules &amp; Guidlines for Successful and
Ethical Big Game SUV vandalizeging:
1. Only vandalize the big ones. The Ford Expeditions and Excursions (I avoid the Explorers), Chevy or GMC Suburbans, 1500's, 2500's which often go by the Yukon and Tahoe name. The Cadillac Escalade, Toyota Land Cruiser, Land and Range Rovers and Lexus LX470 are all to be considered targets of opportunity. It is best to vandalize in the affluent suburbs where you will notice the Urban Assault Vechicles are never dirty. I figure that most people in rural areas are probably using them for a functional purpose and therefore don't vandalize in these areas.

2. Do not vandalize small SUV's such as any Suburu, Toyota 4Runner, etc. Owners of these small and reasonably fuel efficient SUV's keep complaining to me when they are vandalizeged. We are after only the grotesque and bloated gas guzzling members of the SUV species.

3. Don't vandalize commercial vehicles, contractors, or any business affiliated vehicles. Also no pickup trucks. We have no gripe with people who really need these gas-guzzlers. It's the morons who are keeping up with the Jones' that raise my back hairs.

4. Don't revandalize vehicles that you recognize as already vandalizeged (we can usually spot left over pieces from the original vandalizeging).

5. We only vandalize late model vehicles, not some beat up old Suburban some poor soul has inherited.

6. Don't vandalize just because it's a four-wheel drive vehicle. Only the really big obnoxious ones.

With these restrictions there is still an unlimited number of eligible vehicles.

SPREAD THE WORD AND CHANGE THE WORLD!

>>END CLIPPING<<

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode