Local Land Use Issues.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Local Land Use Issues..

Ever since joining a local 4wd club, I've realised that it's not just you guys with the land problems.

I figured it was just in the US, and in Canada Crown Land was in no jeapordy.

Obviously I was wrong.

Recently, a large percentage of the good wheeling spots around here was bought up by an agency that used government tax dollars, my tax dollars, to purchase the land.

Recently we have been forced onto less sutible land. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support the groups claim either.

our local 4wheel club has decided that this will not happen again, and raising of funds is to start immediately.
Along with this fund raising campaign we are trying to fund starve the local Greenies. We can not cut off their tax dollar donations right now, but we can start starving them of operational funds.

One of their larger donators is the "Body Shop"
I am unaware if it is a local effort or a corporate effort, but either way it must stop.

I know in the past, espeically around Birthday and Christmas time I have spent up to about $200 at this store, and the other males in my family do about the same combined.
This year the ladies I buy gifts for will be relived not to receive more BodyShop items.

I urge you too write a letter to The Body Shop and tell them that their noble efforts in the fields of Animal Testing, Human Rights, and other areas is appreciated, but they should not be messing with such intercate dealings as our land use, and blindly supporting conservation agencies will lose them customers.

Thnx for reading, and remember to stay away from their store when buying Christmas gifts. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

( I dunno where I'm going to go now.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 07:32 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Local Land Use Issues..

[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Welcome to the Jungle T . Same crap over here where I live , its all concrete barriers and fences now . Theres just no place left to wheel . That stuff over your way is/has been a big ongoing issue . Hope you fair better than we did over here . What is exactley going on with the big 4x4 park over there (not sure if its an actual park but its the spot where they hold the anual rock climbing deal) ? Is it still open or closed altogether now ? I read about it on the BC4x4 website a while back .

Jeff
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Re: Local Land Use Issues..

I duuno, I thought that event was up island from here.

I never did any big wheeling in Whistler and now that I've joined a club I finally realised how bad it is. Harbour View was probably about 50% of the land local to Victoria.

Totaly sucks, and what makes it worse is that ALL the funds used to buy the land were tax dollars.

Something to do with the Ministry of Forestry not being alowed to do anything, but the TLC, (a dummy corporation of that ministry) is allowed to do things like purchase land..

It's a big backhanding under the table corruption deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode