Good News Bad news The cj project is gone. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Good News Bad news The cj project is gone.

as some of you know I live in Nazi Central with all the zoning laws I had to move my cj project last year. I have also had allot of Mower problems last year, with one new tecumpcrap ejecting a rod out the side of the block, and the other one just plain wearing out. That left us with the flower pot Nazi's sending us letters about how our yard was not mowed to standards
So I am working on the jeep at the alternitive site and a fella stops by and offers to trade me a cub cadet with a new koler engine and rebuilt deck for my cj and the parts. after careful concideration of all the crap I have gone through to keep the jeep I went and looked at it and traded... I guess now I can put all the money I was spending trying to make the mower's run and spend it on the TJ.. It is a Cub Cadet International 1000 anyone had any experience with them??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:01 AM

Re: Good News Bad news The cj project is gone.

So sorry to hear of your loss (the CJ), but lawn tractors are neat toys, too. I don't know much about the Cub Cadet except that they are supposed to be near top of the line. By the way, I think its a shame thatyou pay hard earned money for a home and have to put up with neighbors / homeowner associations that try to tell you how it should look, so long as it's maintained within reason. When I first moved to my neighborhood, the lady next door had some comments about how I was landscaping our new yard. I told her I might just plant it in kudzu (it's a southern thing) & she shut up pretty quick. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:17 AM

My snooty neighbors found out the hard way that subdivision covenets and restrictions aren't worth the paper they are written on ...
There was a written restriction against basketball hoops attached to the dwelling. They are supposed to be freestanding, as a hoop and backboard mounted on the garage above the driveway was deemed to be too tacky.
One neighbor defied the restriction and when taken to a court of law the judge threw the complaint out, ruling for the homeowner.
The West is still alive! [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Pretty cool Jaffer, Problem is around here the magistrate who hears the cases is not only my neighbor, but also on the "Beautification Comity" I cannot win so they have finaly beat me into submition,, but I still refuse to mow the yard there recomended 2 times a week.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:10 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I would cut the grass twice a week. Just make sure you take the muffler off of the mower before doing so. They will be begging you to cut it back to once every other week. lol
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:30 PM

I agree with ricochet. I would have a open headered V8 mower if that was the case. Just like in the old movie Neighbors. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
At least most cadet mowers are of good quality. I even remember seeing one online (maybe here) that someone years ago converted to 4WD. It had a dana 44 in the front and looked factory!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My next door neighbor came over and broke my stones about my jeep. He said the neighborhood is not zoned commercial!! (Iam restoring it) So I chased him off my property and then I planted 10' Pine trees between my property and his. The jerk off can't see anything. I blocked his view of the golf course and the bay. I registered the jeep 85 cj7 and now I park it where he can see it. He called the police but they told him it is registered and insured and I can park it any where I want. Ralph
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Its not Jeep related, but it is related to this post. My family used to have an RV. We parked it on the edge of our property. There were some bushes in between it and the house next door. One day we get a letter in the mail saying that we can't park it there because its on soft ground. So the solution was we had cheap gravel put in. The neighbors were still pissed, but there was nothing they could do about it. We've since gotten rid of the RV, but most of the gravel is still there. Some of it came in handy when we redid our front and back porches, and built a shed in the back yard. So the moral of the story is, find a legal way to still do what your doing and go ahead and piss of your neighbors.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:55 PM
I Do This For The Glory

The town got on me when I had the Chevy trucks in the yard. Well, they were my younger brother's, he was watching the house while we had to move away for a few years. When we came back there were ten new Chevy trucks, mostly parts ones, strewn about the yard. Naturally the town didn't like it, as those combined with my 3 Scouts, 3 Jeeps, and 3 Zuks didn't sit well, since the town limit was 2 unregistered vehicles. Well, I sold off a Scout, shoved the Zuks and 2 Jeeps in the barn, and cut up most of another Scout. My brother got ticked off and decided he was going to register all 10 of them, just to tick the town off. I told him no and made him get rid of them, I didn't like having a junkyard.

The time someone tells me I have to mow my lawn is the time I let it grow into a field and get some sheep, just to tick them off.

My next door neighbor once called the police when we were mud running through the field. They showed up and he confronted us. I told him I pay my taxes, it's my land, and we aren't breaking any laws. The cops agreed and left, the neighbor was ticked but there was nothing he could do.

This is me breaking in the run to soften it up.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 10:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's what I did when my "suave" neighbors complained about my project Jeep disturbing their view of my carport (nothing like the sound of an AMC motor cackling through uncapped headers) [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

To their credit though, said CJ looked pretty good when it was called into duty to pull their XTerra up the hill after it's tranny puked. All hatred has (for the moment) been suspended - Even though they still cringe at the afternoons it's been spending in the sun for bodywork. "Historic Vehicle" plates also tend to help with the complaining, since they think it's older than it really is [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode