Engine wiring help needed, TR??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Engine wiring help needed, TR???

I have been attempting to rewire my '77 CJ-7 for a while now. It's a partially completed project vehicle that I dropped my drivetrain into. Here's what I have: AMC 304, w/TFI ignition upgrade (all Ford Duraspark parts), it has an MSD 6 ignition module w/an ATC Fuse ground panel and an 50 amp fuse block (these parts came w/the project vehicle), also a full Painless Wiring replacement harness. I have a pile of repair manuals, including FSM, downloaded MSD and Painless instructions and diagrams and all of the info from Team Rushes Duraspark ignition upgrade. I have pieced together what I could but if someone can help with mating these systems together (MSD Ignition, Painless harness, and Duraspark ignition) I would be eternally grateful. Oh, it's also got the externally regulated Motorcraft alternator (which I think I have hooked up correctly). Thanks to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Re: Engine wiring help needed, TR???

BTT.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
gman

hey rich, just dropped a motor-258 in my 81 cj-5 with the tr upgrade, painless harness,a few other goodies but no msd. what exactly are you looking for as far as the wiring? I'll see if I can help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Hey, sorry I can't keep up w/my own posts. Darn ISP keeps kicking me out. Anyway, I guess I just need more knowledge on wiring/electical stuff in general. Gman, does the Painless harness you used have wires that are labeled right on the insulation the entire length of the wire? Because the harness I have only has label tapes on the wires, which leads me to believe it may not be a Painless kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode