Hillybilly jeepers Gotta lovem! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Wrangler88

Hillybilly jeepers Gotta lovem!

Well from moving the cleveland area down to athens ohio, the scenery changes and so do the people..it seems out here people aren't as up to date it seems... but anyway, i met a guy in one of my classes today who noticeed i got into my jeep other day and asked if i wanted to go wheelin with him, i said sure what kind of vehicle do you got, hes got a YJ with a 3 inch body lift 4 inch spring over with lift blocks, and running 44's supposedly.. no i haven't seen this yet, but this is what he claims...so i asked him what he had to do to make those driveline angles and what axles hes using... now before this he kept saying how in jest, he breaks somethine every time he takes it out usualy his axles he claims as if its cool or something, so then i find out hes still using the stock axles, and that they are pretty strong axles, hes just a hard core wheeler, who says that??? i didn't even want to talk to him anymore, we are supposed to go wheelin this sunday so i'm gonna check this out, it seems like BS to me but we'll see... this county folk man... funny stuff... i wouldn't even think the stock axles would let u run that size tire rather what gear ration to actualy move it without staping them like toothpicks..!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 06:24 PM

Re: Hillybilly jeepers Gotta lovem!

Remember to take a dig camera so we can enjoy it too. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
If you ever pass by me on the N to S or S to N trip stop by and say HI. I'm right off I-75. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Wrangler88

hey where about in ohio are u located? i'd love to stop by and give a howdy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

thats a lot like the guys that tell you how deep the mud was....
or how their truck has never been stuck....
or how their 2wd goes anywhere a 4wd does.....
just today i was listening to a guy with 31" all terrains tell me how deep this one mud hole was... my buddy and i just looked at each other... hey its his story...im not gunna ruin it with " oh yeah.. i drive through that hole in 2wd" which is closer to the truth..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Way Outta Control

Hummm... ya got two choices.

1. Rag on the guy and laugh at his rig.
2. Make a friend.

IMHO.... this is a matter of character and if you can't be big... don't belittle. Show a little character and make a friend and show him the light. Hey you never know, he just may be able to teach you something. Everyone's ignorant, just on different subjects.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 11:48 PM
Old Hand

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="blue"> Show a little character and make a friend and show him the light. Hey you never know, he just may be able to teach you something. Everyone's ignorant, just on different subjects. </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

LEVE belive it or not but that brought a tear to my eye. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 01:48 AM

Just remember even Hillbillies have to go Jeepin too. Hillbillies just seem to do it a bit differently. We just might be able to learn a little something off each other no matter how different our idea of Jeepin is. But it is always more fun to pick on the Hillbillies. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 02:08 AM
FrenchJeeper

LEVE, i agree at 200% to what you say, i have learned stuff from people i would have never talk to if i had just looked at their Jeep (or car)...
To make a long story short, i was one day drinking a cafe and a guy came to me asking about my Jeep. He told me he was rebuilding a CJ7 with a big V8 (464 in cu/in i think,6.9litre), will put huge tires...Well, i did not trust him since he didn't know sh... about axle, tranny...
I kept on talking with him and it happened that this guy could weld anything like a pro... So, he teached me a little and i helped him to find his first Jeep (sorry, it is an YJ!!!)...
Now, he is not saying crazy stuff anymore and i can weld not too bad!!!!
Just a little story, not, it is a little JEEP story!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 02:18 AM
Old Hand

<font color="blue">(sorry, it is an YJ!!!)... </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with a YJ!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 03:21 AM

What's wrong with a YJ!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Carter carburetor comes to mind. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Beyond that, I love mine to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode