PLEASE HELP me and my '02 TJ with tire size help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

PLEASE HELP me and my \'02 TJ with tire size help

I am leasing a 2002 TJ wrangler. It sucks because since I am leasing it I cant really lift it and if I did it would be a waste of money because I would have to take it off before I give it back. I was looking to getting atleast some agressive treads on the vehicle. I was interested in the goodyear wrangler mt/r tires that are on the new rubicons. The problem is I have no idea how big I can go without looking bad and or rubbing when I turn or hit a bump. Please help me I am lost. I want to go bigger on these tires but dont know how big since my TJ is completely stock. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 10:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: PLEASE HELP me and my \'02 TJ with tire size help

I am not going to be a jerk and say use the search, but it has been covered before.

I am running 31-10.50's on mine and only have a slight rub at full flex. They used to rub a bit turning one way until i shimmed my bump stop. I am considering the Goodyear as well, but they have treated me poorly in the past.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Official Historian

Why not just get some inexpensive coil spacers? They will give plenty of room for a moderately larger tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 02:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats a good idea. thanks. I called the local 4wd drive store and they told me that in order to do that I would have to replace the factory shocks.. is this true? and will all of this affect my ride? and what brand spacer and shock do you recomend? thanks for all your help
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 06:25 PM

Dude fill out your profile and read the post by leave at the top of the 1st page of this board. What type of wheeling do you paln on doing, is this rig a mall crawler? Some feedback would be nice. I'd say some thorn birds on gheto faboulous bling bling wheels would be the best bet (hint, hint put this info through a search).

Barrelroll
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 08:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do moderate off roading. No real rocks. just mud and hills. I just want to get the most out of my wrangler for the least amount of money invested because it will be lost at the end of the lease unless I buy out. 1 3/4 inch lift that the spacers would give would do just fine with the tires. I just dont know how it will affect the overall ride. I go to school 4 hours from home and so I have to take a trip once in a while.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

drive train vibration????

I was told that if i put 2'' coil spacers on mj TJ I will most likely feel drive train vibration.. is this true? And if so how can i counteract the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode