Brake question... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Brake question...

I must replace my rear brake hose which connects my hard brake line from the proportioning vaule to the hard lines sitting on my Dana 20. The connection at the axel is fine, my worry is the rusted old brake hose and "ripped apart" hard line from the 'prop vaule'. I have enough hard line to work with but the end is a rough cut. I need to put in a "I forgot the special tool" crimp on the hard line so it will fit corrcetly under high pressure. Then obviously bleed R-rear, then L-rear, R front. The question.. am I on the right trail? Any helpful tips, before I screw up and have to do it twice? (like always)
Thanks
Jeeprugger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Brake question...

I wouldnt even bother trying to reflare an old rusty crusty line. Buy stainless replacement lines and get it done with. I have fixed tooo many lines just to find out later on that the line was so line that it is leaking at another spot.

Also, what you call a dana 20 is a AMC 20. There is a maor difference between the two. The dana 20 is used in golf carts.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Re: Brake question...

Yeah, my bad, I meant AMC 20. I'm gonna flare it and hook it up. I was thinking about replacing the whole braking system in the coming months. Im just trying to get back on the road! Stainless is worth it huh. Ill definatly look into that when I replace all the lines. Thanks~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode