O/T FedUp with FedEx (rant) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Official Curmudgeon

O/T FedUp with FedEx (rant)

OK, my birthday was last week and my brother sent me a Tower Records gift certificate (I'm hard to buy for). It gets sent out FedEx 2 day express.

I get a call Friday to verify the address. They indicate that they tried to deliver but I didn't live there. I told them that I did indeed live there for the past 12 years and if their delivery person were literate, he could have read the street sign and realized he was on the wrong street. It's a common problem with illiterates, there is a "Street" and a "Terrace". They say they will mark it "address confirmed" and it will be delivered Monday.

Well, Monday comes and goes without delivery but I get a call mid afternoon that the deliver person has been out again and that he was told that I'd moved. I told them that no deliver person was here and that I had not moved. They ask directions and indicate they will tape a map to it this time and get it delivered.

I'm mad, I call the FedEx 800 number, the local office seems to want to sweep this incompetence under the rug. I tell them what happened so far.

Well, this morninng the FedEx driver shows up at the door. He says, "I was here Friday."

Me: "You were NOT here Friday, you were up THERE." and point to the next townhouse to the west.

Him: "I guess I was."

Me: "What happened to you yesterday?"

Him: [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] "well, ah, ah"

Me: [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU YESTERDAY?"

Him: [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] "well, ah, ah"

Me: [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] "I'm asking you one final time, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU YESTERDAY?!!!!"

Him: [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] "Well when I sorted my deliveries, I saw it and tossed it aside knowing that you moved."

Me: [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] "So you didn't even try?"

Him: [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] "No."

At this point, I informed him that anybody too stupid to read a street sign should not think he's too smart to believe that the address is correct especially after I confirmed it. I further informed him that I intended to do everything in my power to get him fired.

I've called the FedEx 800 number and they are upset. I called Tower Records and they are REAL upset. I told them both that this guy needs to be flipping hamburgers at McDonald's with the memory that he once had a good paying job. He just didn't want to do it.

I turned 55 on that birthday. I can tell you that this great country that I keep hearing about is fast becoming a nation of incompetents. I lived through the '50 and '60 when there was some pride in this country. Now it's fast becoming a nation of nincompoop consumers buying everything online, on QVC or on eBay and they are putting it on their maxxed out credit cards. We've given away the manufacturing, nobody stole it. We don't want to make shoes, we don't want to make clothing. Here in KC is the old abandoned garment district with the factories converted to office and/or mall space. We gave up a good portion of the auto industry in the mid-'70s when the gas crisis hit and we couldn't convert from muscle cars to fuel efficient models for the knee-jerk, reactionary consumers. The imports flooded in.

Now, it seems we're going to have to open the Mexican border just to get delivery people. Americans are going to have to spill hot coffee in their lap and then sue for their stupidity if they are to have any hope of paying off their credit card debt.

I turned 55 on that birthday and I want some of the products, services and security that I have fond memories of from the '50s and '60s. Being 55, I can take solace in the fact that I don't have much longer to put up with this. I'm also a veteran. Maybe mandatory military service would help. The parents aren't raising the kids anymore, maybe the military could, at least they'd learn the phrase, "No excuse, SIR."

If you want to do something for this veteran, SPEAK UP. Let them know we're not going to take this anymore. Take the time to complain. AND VOTE, the special interest fringe groups have control of the politics in this country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 01:28 PM

Re: O/T FedUp with FedEx (rant)

Now to top it all off, you'll go to Tower Records and all you will be able to find is cookie-cutter crap music like Britney Spears and the Backstreet boys [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I had a similar experience with FED-UP when I missed a delivery that I had to sign for. They left a tag for me to sign and leave for them on my front door (inside the screen door). I signed it and left it on the door handle inside the screen door in the same place they left it. I come home the next day and there is another "missed delivery 2nd notice" on the outside of the screen door. The dumb @ss didn't even bother to open the screen door and look on the door handle for the signed tag that I put in the same place that the delivery guy left it.
I haven't been around as long as you, but I can tell you, I've been here long anough to see customer service and respect for others go right down the toilet. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 01:46 PM

Here Here. I totally agree with you. The majority of the population in this country is going down hill. I continually ask myself if everyone around me is an idiot. Sometimes I doubt myself because how could it possible that everyone around me is an idiot, do it must be me. Then I step back and look at it and I realize it is them. (Of course, I am being a tad bit facetious to make the point.) The more I deal with the general public the more faith I loose in our school systems and the ability of the average person to learn and competent. Once you get them to learn and be competent then you have to fight with the laziness. The only saving grace I have is I work closely with a few smart people and the majority of the members of this board are smart. It is nice to listen and learn from smart people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 03:56 PM

OK, here you go...you asked for it!

wanna know why so many people are so stupid? we, as a society have eliminated "survival of the fittest." thru technology, medical advances, and governmental leadership, we allow all of those people who would otherwise die, to continue to live and breed.

i don't exclude myself, but my thoughts are based around a global point of view, not american...or "me". yes, i am proud of the country i live in, and of the service men of my country....but when you take 2 steps back from the window you are looking into, you see the "big picture."

examples (i can list a bunch!). again, this is nothing personal to anyone and i admit to being somewhat of a hypocrit on some things, especially minorities. i don't care if your black, brown, red, greek, canadian, german, catholic, hindu, buddist, the mayor or the garbage man. if you treat me with respect, you will receive identical treatment (if not better) from me. anyway:

1). medical help for the needy, elderly, and sickly. well, 75 years ago these people would die and not live on helplessly consuming resources that i work hard for.

2) education. just about anyone (except a standard white male) can get a scholarship. that means that average, or below average students are graduating with degrees and go on to "lead" the world. the system is somewhat based on diversity quotas and less on intelligence.

3) government. they want to make as many people happy as they can so they get re-elected next term. so, feed the hungry, make playgrounds safer, give everyone a warm-fuzzy feeling.

basically, we have created an environment ideal for breeding stupid people.

johnny is drunk and runs his 85 camaro 150mph into a bridge and lives. he and his family sue the bartender for 45 million $$$ and win the suit. johnny gets a stripper girlfriend into wife and they breed...you can guess the rest.

100 years ago, if you couldn't feed yourself, you died. if you could, you lived and bred. if you were sickly, you died. if you were healty, you lived and bred.

get the point?

please, feel free to comment on this! creative debating can be very entertaining. when dealing with people with various points of view can sometimes make you realize you are not the only one.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Billybob015

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
2) education. just about anyone (except a standard white male) can get a scholarship. that means that average, or below average students are graduating with degrees and go on to "lead" the world. the system is somewhat based on diversity quotas and less on intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you have a scholarship to a college doesn't mean that you will automatically graduate...
I agree that it is possible to graduate from many public high schools (at least in Texas) without knowing anything, but that is the school's fault, and has little to do with the ease of getting a scholarship. The standard level classes at my high school are incredibly easy. They require the tinniest bit of effort on the students part to pass, and I guess that's how the school wants it so that more money will be given to it because not as many students are flunking out. Honors classes (AP and IB) are available if they want to try those, but even though they are a good step up from the standard classes, I feel like the grade you receive is based more upon how much work you do rather than how intelligent you are. The smartest people there are not the highest rank (although they are in the top 10%, or at least in the first quartile) and that is not how it should be.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 06:21 PM
krazykracker

You guys completely hit the nail on the head with whats wrong in the world today. I knew I wasn't the only person who felt this way about the general population, though many times I have questioned my own actions and came to the conclusion that I am now "dumber" by simply being in the presence of these type of incompetant and generally lazy people. For example: My current job states that in order to be a supervisor or anything else in management you must have a college degree, I have no problem with that except more times than not the person with the education has no clue on how to get the job done on time or at all and relies mostly on the general workforce to make up for their shortcomings. And as far as FedUp goes, why they would leave an $800 order with my next door neighbor (who I've spoken to only twice in the 3 yrs I've lived here) but won't leave an $50 order with anybody other than the person required to sign I'll never know [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] BTW, Why am I still a newbie??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode