8.8 Ford in a Jeep TJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Pog

8.8 Ford in a Jeep TJ

I was wondering if anyone has some more links to people doing this I found one where a guy put a 8.8 from and explorer in a tj but I have a few more q's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 09:38 PM

Re: 8.8 Ford in a Jeep TJ

What are your questions? I'm about to do the same swap with my TJ. I believe JeeperXJ99 has done the same swap. Here is a good write up on swappin one in Ford 8.8 Install This is probly the one time its good to say go search on JU, there is actually a lot of useful information over there. Jeeps Unlimited If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 03:07 PM

What kind of questions do you have? I have an 8.8 from a '95 exploder in my jeep, i used more 8.8 brackets their adapter yoke. I didn't do the welding of the brackets but i was there when it was done. I used 2 pass side exploder soft lines and my dana 35 hard lines. We had to fill the old breather hole and drill a new breather hole. I love the rear discs and i havn't broken it yet with 32" sx's and a mini spool in the rear (though i have gernaded a d30 shaft and i'm unlocked up front)

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Pog

Thanks dude thats a great link!! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] It answered most of my questions. I was wondering if all 8.8 are offset like that or just certail one's? Also what did you guys do about the yoke?? And would it be a good idea to angle the diff for less of a driveline angle? I believe the braking system will be simple other that should I run two lines for the calipers or stick with the one, I think stick with the single line for the two just so I won't get too much braking from the rear end... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 08:34 AM

here's a link to a page i made with i swapped one in awhile back....http://www.geocities.com/yj3qtr_ton/88swap.html also, i've found out since, that factory grand cherokee parking brake cables will bolt up to a TJ with an 8.8 with factory disc brakes......

fyi, i've got a 1350 series u-joint yoke for an 8.8 i'm selling now [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:08 PM

locker for the 8.8 on ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...12952&rd=1
Zach
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 09:57 PM

finally getting rid of that thing, probalby a lot less harsh than my mini spool but it's just so much fun, if i had the $$ i'd jump on it but i'll deal with my poor mans locker.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode