junkyards.. junkyards.. and more junkyards.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

junkyards.. junkyards.. and more junkyards..

what can i say.. went shoppin today... another jeeper and myself.. spent all afternoon wading thru chest high weeds.. kneeling in *****er bushes.. just to see what kind of rusted out ole truck was behind the next wall of weeds... we were like two young kids.. searching for that elusive spot.. for our club house.. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

well.. it paid off.. after soaking our feet with mud.. covering our hands with greese and dirt... and having every known weed in north carolina stuck to us..

he found a front d44 from a 1972 ih travelall.. with 2 flat top knuckles.. which is all that he wants from it.. the complete axle for $100..

and i found my dream axle.. out of some large motor home.. is a short duallie DANA 70.... for just the sum of $200... now all i have to do is jack up this motor home about 3 feet.. and take out the axle.. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

we also found about 8 old Eaton rear axles.. a godzillion yorks.. a cool little 12v motor hooked to an air pump... and about 8 D44's from chevy's.. yes chevy d44's.. with both flat top knuckles.. can get them all day long for $150 each.. the entire axle...
and i found a few 14 bolts that were 64" wide.. and some chrysler thing that was the same.. actually found a ton of those.. mmmmm... have to look into them some more..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 12:38 AM
pig

Re: junkyards.. junkyards.. and more junkyards..

I was rolling around in the cold rainy mud yesterday searching for treasure almost went crazier with all the cool stuff, guy told me I could have any axle for 100.00. Picked up my T18 for 200.00 looked at a SM450 might buy it just because its there. I really impressed my wife when I told her I love her more than the junk yard! She's such a great wife she even knew how much of a compliment that was!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 06:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The best part is::: I get to do the junk yard thing everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 07:36 AM
Can't Get Enough

Pontiac58, any recommendations for junkyards in S. Jersey...maybe with CJ-7's?????
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

What are you looking for? The place i work at has some stuff. Mostly drivetrain. If you need body stuff. www.2001jeepparts.com. I dont like the guy but he has everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode