O/TBadlands Bash insurance, sponsorship, and help? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

O/TBadlands Bash insurance, sponsorship, and help?

To put on the bad lands bash and make it "offical" we need some club or organization that's putting it on and to have it "insured" so no one gets introuble if something happens. Anybody have any experiances with things like this? Some one mentioned the united 4wd association has inurance or something like that?

It's already november and i'd like to get a jump on this thing. Looks like it will be may 3-5 2003 wheeling will be at the bad lands 4x4 park in attica indiana and camping will most likely be at steam corrner camp ground (still gota make this decision). I'm looking for people to help organizing things like trail leaders, raffle prizes, bash t-shirts, group dinner saturday night, entertainment, and several other things. If people would like to voluenteer i'd love to have some help with this thing. If you just want to help out with one thing i mentioned above or more i'll be glad to have you help as long as i can count on you to the end. Please step up to the plate people, it's not a ton of work i just can't do it all my self. If any one here is trying to promote a business and wants to donate stuff for a raffle let me know we'd love to have that stuff or even goodie bag hand outs like stickers and brocures. Last year was a blast and i'm hoping to make this year even better.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 06:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/TBadlands Bash insurance, sponsorship, and help?

I am off that weekend so I will be there providing no unforseen emergencies. I will help out however I can, we will be down on friday night.... Probably leaving the wife and dogs at home this time..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Jeff Would you want to be incharge of the dinner saturday night? you mentioned you could bring a hog. I personally have never been to a hog roast and that that would kick major butt to have one at the bash. If you want to talk about it we can discuss it throguh e-mail or pm's.

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

As long as I can get some help, and ofset the cost of the food.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

BTT

We have food covered though i need help with lots of other things and some one give me some ideas on sponsorship and insurance please.

BarrelRoll
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Old Hand

why would anyone get in trouble if we are wheeling at the badlands, it is common sence that you are there at your own risk, and the Badlands are covered so noone can come back on them im sure. Just curious.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 07:16 PM

andy, dont make it official then. just have them register liek a normal day, and then have a seciton in the upper or lower lot where your group would meet and then go play on the trails. dont turn it into anythign extra special.

ohh, you know i will be there, and i will probably have both my rigs there.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/s...t=all&vc=1

That's what got me thinking about insurance. I still need some "non-profit organization" to put it on so we can get donations and things for the raffle. I still need people to step forward and voluenteer for things like t-shirts, raffle prizes and goodie bags, and stickers along with people to lead groups on the trails and regester people the different days.

Andy
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I'd like to make it special since this group of people is really cool and people make it a major trip i'd like to have things like a dinner and raffle. I don't think it will really be that much more $$ all added up it shouldn't be that much more $$, i might try and get a rate on camping.

Andy
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Mav knows that place really well and was a good trail leader until he ran head first into a bottomless pit..... Ever get all the mud off of the purty red paint??

I do not really understand the need for insurance either, but the rest sounds cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode