Funny Stealership story... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Funny Stealership story...

A buddy of mine has a '00 TJ that he uses for a DD and wheels it every chance he gets. He's lifted it 5", runs 33" MTR's Locked the rear, pulle dthe carpet and X-lined the interior, and numerous other upgrades. A nice balance for an On and Off road Jeep. He's not scared to drive it anywhere that we've come across yet, but at the smae time takes good care of his ONLY vehicle. A few weeks back he had the back window rolled up during a rain and when he got home he rolled the window down and left it overnight. obviously that adds up to humidity in the cab and it found it's way into the stereo. well ofcourse the stero flipped ou on him so under warranty he took it to the dealership to have them tke a look at it. when he went back to find out what exactly was wrong, the Customer service guy said his Jeep had signs of being abused. he determined this from mud splatters "as high as the windshield and roll bar. And sedimentary mud in the floor and engine bay." he asked my buddy if he'd had the jeep submerged, and he said yes, up to the rockers in mud and water, but never higher. The CSR asked him if it had ever been up to the windshield cause there was evidence...........

OK, how many of you have tires that throw mud all over your jeep? how amny of have ever gotten in your Jeep with muddy shoes and later washed down the interior? How many of you have used your Jeep for what it was BUILT FOR??!! At this point my buddy turned around and asked the CSR, First off, have you ever gotten in your Jeep with muddy shoes? and don't you think that if I had submerged the Jeep in water up to the windshield I would have had to have the TJ towed in do to HYDRO LOCK. At that point he picked up the brochure of the rubicon that was laying there with the picture of the undercarriage coated iin mud and grass and showed it to the guy. I use the vehilce for what it was originaly intended for. to which the CSR replied well sir, most people don't use them off road. He could resist, " well , I can't help it if MOST PEOPLE are missing out!"

the Dealership had taken pitcures of the "Abuse" and documneted it on the service papers. to which my buddy wrote on their service papers Non abuse to vehilce, underlined it and signed the papers and handed them back to the guy. all this infront of several people in the service department. by the time he left he had the guy looking at the floor whentalking to him. the guy couldn't look him in the eyes.

I had to laugh when he told me the story! But my buddy was irritated, but I stillfound it funny [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Abuse?, there was no abuse, just residual dirt after washing the vehicle down as he does everytime he takes it out. he even takes time grease everything down after every venture. he want s his Jeep to last, he has a lot of time and effort built into his ride.

brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 09:23 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Funny Stealership story...

That is a pretty good story. Sometime dealerships just have no Idea. And a good dealership story always makes me smile.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dealerships haven't changed in all the years I've been driving. Back in 1985 when I bought my CJ-7 I had a stock tire blow out on me, and I was just driving down a dirt road when it happened. They refused to warranty it, said the sidewall was BRUISED from rocks and that weakened it! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:01 AM

Well,

I got a Special Dealership installed bullet hole in mine....

John
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Well,

I got a Special Dealership installed bullet hole in mine....

John

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:16 AM

Return the favor to them, give us the dealer name and location so we all know never to go there again. That is what capitalism is all about-choices. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

NorthPoint Chrysler Jeep in Winston-Salem, NC. Our friendly local Five Star Dealership!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I have to ask... How in the world did they put a hole in it. I hope that it wasn't in their shop when it happend. My guess is that they had it parked outside and someone shot it, is there more to the story??? You can't tease us like that.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 07:50 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Just point the service people to the section of the brochure that says "hose down interior". My cassette deck stopped working when I pressure washed the dash board. They balked so I pointed it out, and the replaced it with no problems.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got a good one from a couple years back. I managed to destroy the ring gear in my rear stock dana 44 in my 86 CJ-7. So back then I didn't know better and took it to a dealership (was totally new to jeeps then) So they come back the next day saying the entire axle is broken and will need a complete replacement. Replacement cost?? 3600 dollars!!! I was like yeah right. Took it two miles away to TuffTruk and they had me on my way for only 800 and that was with a powertrax no slip locker ta boot. 3600 when all is wrong is a ring gear??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode