york spits oil - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

york spits oil

i got the thing going an seems like a lot of oil coming out i though about asking you guys, then just called on board air.
not one post i read said enything about not putting the suck side down. you have to stand it up or lay it down with the suck side up OR IT WILL SPIT OIL!!!!!!!!!!
looked at york man. a guy might be able to plug the oil passage an vent the crank case eny body done this yet

duke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 06:49 PM

Re: york spits oil

Yep!

search for some posts by "cjdave" about yorks

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 06:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: york spits oil

When I fould my york it only had 4 head bolts left in it so it may have problems but mine allso moves alot of oil.

You can switch the suction and discharge sides by removeing the head and valve body and puting them back on the other way around. At the same time it would be good to plug the oil passage between the suction side and the crank case. Most people do this with a small set screw from the bottom but since you will have the head off at the same time there is no reson not to do so from the top. In fact now that I think about it you may not gain anything by putting the suction up once that oil passage is closed.

As said my york blows a lot of oil over time it seem to have grown less so maybe I just had it over full. After pluging the oil passage I tried to put a vent in the side using a 1/8 inch pipe stuffed with filter material. This did not work since so much oil was flying around inside that oil was forced out of the vent. I have sinced pluged it and it still seems to work fine.

bandhmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode