Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: CJ7 Hard Door Liners - Any ideas?
Sure, inside panels are quite easy to make.
1. Use the present panel as a panel.
2. Trace it out on a piece of 3/16" masonite.
3. Cut out the Masonite Panel.
4. Drill lock and handle holes in the new panel.
5. Drill and insert NEW door clips into the panel.
6. Glue on some 1/4" foam to the front side of the panel.
7. Glue fabric/leather, etc., of your choice over the foam
8. Bend the fabric over an glue it on the back side.
9. Use Weldwood Carpenters Contact Cement.
JCWhitney has "headliner" material for sale that's already got the foam and material bonded.
Me, I like to go to a fabric store and get what I like... Drapery material works well as it's thick, accepts the glue well and is quite robust.
See, easy as pie! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]