Weber tunning - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Bduece

Weber tunning

O.K. I got the requlator for the weber. I have the idle mixed screw turned to 1 1/4 and the idle screw is turned 3 1/2 turns to get it to idle at 750. The instructions say that if I am less than 1 1/2 on the idle mixture screw and over 2 1/2 on the idle set screw that I'm lean. Has anyone had this problem? I set the static timing to 6 degrees. I had it at 9 but it seemed to advanced when I got on it. I'm going to play with it some more but I need to know about rejetting the carb. Do I need to rejet the carb? What jets are in a stock weber and what jets do you recommend changing? I understand I can buy jets individually and I think there is a kit. What comes with the kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 07:03 PM

Re: Weber tunning

A little more info is helpful here. Different Webers are tuned different ways.

It is very common that a Weber is not tuned to your engine when you first put it on, especially if you have made any modifications to it at all..... That is why they include the directions on how to set the idle jetting. It is normal, don't be alarmed. Webers allow you to get dialed in just right for your engine where other carbs are not nearly as sensitive.

I would call up the Help Line # that is included in your instructions. Those guys are usually pretty knowledgable.

As for what size is in there... pull out one of them and see for yourself. There is a flat-head round screw on each side of the carb that holds the idle jet. Once you pull the jet out, you can read the # off of the side. Bigger # = bigger jet.

As for what comes in a jet kit, ask them what is in there..... A reasonable retailer will at least tell you what comes in the kit. They might not tell you the exact jet sizes, but they will tell you what jets it will come with.

As for setting the timing on the engine... you will notice there is a statement in the instructions about that too...... They state that you might have to redo the timing to make everything run right. You will have to try a little jetting, then change the timing a little and drive it around. Then check the jetting and then timing and then drive it some more. That is how Weber tuning goes.

Best regards

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode