What's a 5.0 worth? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

What\'s a 5.0 worth?

What does anyone think a '90 Mustang 5.0HO with 87k would be worth? The guys willing to give me the whole car, since he stripped the interior and the dash for his car. Engine runs very strong(spins the tires like its nothing!) and doesn't use any oil.
If I get it, I'm going the t-176 route, probably with MORE mounts, unless anyone knows of a cheaper method of motor mounts for someone who has no welding experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 09:16 AM

Re: What\'s a 5.0 worth?

There is a 90 Mustang 5.0 and 5 spd tranny, complete with harness and computer, in my local newspaper this morning, for $800 OBO.
I find them fairly regularly for $750 with computer and harness.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 09:43 AM
juniorjs

I just finished the swap on my cj and I wish I would use the more mounts. I got the Novak and they are junk(well, you could make them and save the money), I have to modify them and is not fun after you paid them over $100. Is like they said you get what you pay for. I did use the T-176 to keep cost down but still pretty expensive swap. Cost of the motor, it depends where you're from. Down here it cost me $700, for an 87 junked car(engine an tranny ok).
junior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 11:48 AM

i used the more mounts and they are worth the 210 dollars. when I rev the motor it doesnt hardly move at all. why not use a t18 or np435?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 01:47 PM

I paid $450 for a complete running engine with 55K on it. Then another $150 for the harness computer. If you get the whole car you should be set as far as parts go. You can use a lot of it. Including the fuel lines, in tank pump, etc.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks alot for the input everybody, now I have a good idea. Looks like I might be able to get it for $450. Being a broke college student, I'm trying to do it as inexpensively as possible. My 258's crap but my t-176 is strong, which is why I want to use it rather than a t-18 or anything else that would require a costly adapter to the d300.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 05:36 AM
juniorjs

Unless you get your motor for free, then $450 will be kind of short!!! Remember you need a new flywheel, starter motor, clutch assembly, new exhaust.... the list will start to get bigger. When I started my swap I though that I will buy the car and that was it, finally I got close to $2100 for the swap... just my two cents.
junior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode