Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Jeep.com made me mad......EVO2 is GONE! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/141133-jeep-com-made-me-mad-evo2-gone.html)

CJ7Attitude 10-25-2002 09:24 PM

Jeep.com made me mad......EVO2 is GONE!

I heard about this cool game that you could download from the Jeep.com website called Jeep 4X4 EVO2..........so I decided to goto the Jeep page and register so I could download it. The game looked VERY cool...so I was pumped to get it...........BUT the Jeep website tells me that I can't download it because the "competition" ended June 14th and that if I try back in a few weeks it'll be up again. WELL it's been more than a few weeks since June 14th. I really wanted to play that damn game....I tried looking for it elsewhere to Download but nobody has it. Anyone know where I can get it....I'd even BUY it if I had to. Anyway I kinda just wanted to vent about thier website and lack of updating it........ [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks
--Jason

Dan 84 CJ-7 10-25-2002 09:39 PM

Re: Jeep.com made me mad......EVO2 is GONE!

I still have the setup file I downloaded from Jeep. It's 97 megs, so I'd either have to burn a copy to CD and mail it to you or FTP it to you or something. I don't have enough server space to hold it for you to download.

You can also buy the full 4x4Evo 2 game for the PC and Xbox at most video game or computer stores. It hink it is in the cheap PC section now. I think the box cover has a yellow YJ on it. The Jeep version was just a stripped down version with only Jeeps in it I think.

Let me know if I can help you get it somehow.

**DONOTDELETE** 10-25-2002 11:39 PM

I guess for a game it was pretty good, similar to Cabelos offroad. It just made me want to go wheelin though. I thought of making a roll cage out of christmas paper cardboard tubes,hooking up the force feed steering wheel, taping a poster of a mountain trail behind the monitor and using my wifes auto greenhouse mister for better special effects while playing. LOL just kidding.........

CJ7Attitude 10-26-2002 07:40 PM

Maybe I'll just see if I can buy it somewhere...If not I'll shoot you a PM sometime Dan 84..........Thanks

--Jason

JeepnGreg 10-27-2002 01:20 PM

yea i bought that game last year from best buy....pretty good, lets you change a lot of stuff on the trucks from color to R&P gear ratios..

its fun [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]