Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   I buried a Jeep today (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/140852-i-buried-jeep-today.html)

MUDITUP4x4 10-23-2002 05:53 PM

I buried a Jeep today

I was at work today and was told to go to the next job with the cat and when I got there I was told to dig a hole and bury the junk that was laying around. I started to push the junk in to a pile and then I saw this pink Barbie Jeep,it looked like it was almost new. I would have kept it but I don't think my boys would play with a pink jeep,so buried it. I wish that it was a real jeep so I could have brought it home for parts.

CJ7Taz 10-23-2002 06:27 PM

Re: I buried a Jeep today

You still could have saved it and painted it or found some little girl to give it to.

It reminded me of another burial. Back in the '60s my grandfather owned the contract for the city trash collection. One evening the drivers came back with cases and cases of beer. There had been a fire in a supermarket. The beer that had been smoke damaged in the fire had been brought to the dump and a Kansas tax agent stood by to make sure it was all buried. One of the brothers that owned the dump jumped on the cat and started covering it up. He covered a path a few feet wide on the first pass, hoping the agent would just assume he would cover it all and leave. No such luck. He started covering less and less with each pass, down to where he was recovering the already buried cans with most of the blade and only a few inches worth of it covering the unburied cans. When he got down to an uncovered strip about 18" wide, the agent got in his car and left. That 18" strip provided 6-55 gallon barrels full plus what the drivers had brought back with them. There was cold beer at the dump for the next several weeks.

kutyafal 10-23-2002 09:21 PM

Or you could've sold it for close to a $100 if it was working. Those things cost over $200 when new pink or not! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Course, donating it to a kid would've been the proper thing to do.

**DONOTDELETE** 10-24-2002 08:44 AM

Hey Aaron, I lost your e-mail address. Shoot me a line when you can. I need you to help me find an NP205 t-case. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I just got an NP203, but want an NP205 to mate together and run dual cases. Thanks man!