Full tilt fab shop, located in NC - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Full tilt fab shop, located in NC

Tomcat's Offroad is a full service fab shop outside of Charlotte, N.C.
We do every thing from cages and bumpers to 4 link coil over suspensions.
Refrences available! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.tomcatsoffroad.com
[email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 925445-MVC-020S.JPG (37.7 KB, 95 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Full tilt fab shop, located in NC

pic. 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 925448-MVC-012S.JPG (38.8 KB, 101 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

pic 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 925449-MVC-009S.JPG (39.5 KB, 90 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ding Ding.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

if all your going to contribute to the forum is free advertizing, then you might want to at least think about posting pics of quality fab work. welding sections of box tube together is not a good way to make a frame.. and whats with the booger welds on that...er..thing on the front ???

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 03:02 PM

Um hey Elusive? I'll have to vouch for Tom's contributions on this one man, I'm sure Caver-Dave will prolly chime in too.

He's a regular over on ORC's Jeepster-board and has been doing those boys some decent deals on cages.

Can't comment on the why's or where-for's of the work, but he's a fellow wheeler like us, just trying to make a living man. He's not a johnny come lately though.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 03:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can bust my chops for the "Thing" booger welded on the front...
That "thing" is just a temp. brace that a no-welding friend helped me tack on to set the hood.I didnt even mean to post that picture.
As far as the frame goes...
Good Welding on 1/4" wall tubing makes a hell of a frame. I have built quite a few pulling trucks and race cars this way, with no problems what so ever with stress fractures. Just because it is diffrent dosent make it bad. What is your custom frame made of?
As far as not contributing... I sponsor a ton of events for those whom I do business for. I am just trying to get the word out about the shop. If you consider it "spam", so be it! It wasnt intended to offend, just inform folks they can look at my work and come by the shop to see what I do.
I give much more than I take. Sorry we got off to a bad start. Then again You were just looking out for your friends on the board and I do the same on the Jeepster BBS where I post regularly and gladly sponsor large events for the club. Cut me some slack untill we wheel together, and then jump my [bleep] if you have a ligit reason.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 07:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

tomcat...
actually...i meant contributing to this forum...
i did look through the old posts and determined that about half were touting your business.thats not so bad.... especially if you are sponcoring events in the area. I just wish I knew about them, you would hae seen me out there...
actually my frame work looks like this, but this doesnt need to be a pissing contest.
and yes.. thats a tj frame...I didnt build it.
if you wheel much in the carolinas or tennessee, theres a very good chance we HAVE wheeled together, though i dont recall your flatty...
I didnt mean to jump all over you, it's just annoying to see all the "hit and run" posts that pop up here. I have been heavy into wheeling in the carolinas for 10 years, and had never heard of your shop... I had (wrongly) assumed you were just starting out and bouning around the forums drumming up business.
we are planning a uwharrie trip... come on out.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 08:14 PM
Enthusiast

Sure would like to see that 4 link system in action.

Jackie
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Peace! No problem. I get fed up with the BS wanna' be fabshops as well. (there is one in Concord that scares the s#*t out of me to look at what they call fab work!)
I have never needed to advertise or even call my shop by a name untill recently. I left the CAT dealer where I had worked for 7 years and took it to a full time thing about 6 months ago. I grew up working for several NASCAR teams here in the area. I had more work from local guys than I could do at nights and on weekends, So, I opened shop full time. I was just introducing my self to those who didnt know me.
Your TJ looks pretty capable. Did you make the Dixie? I was loaded up and my Trans. took a dump on the tow rig.
I live close to URE let me know when ur going. It sucks, but it is close by. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You guys have almost nothing near you to wheel on . Must suck having to pull that far to wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode