OT: Toyota Tacoma leaf springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

OT: Toyota Tacoma leaf springs

I have a 95 Tacoma that has a busted middle leaf in the left rear leaf spring set. I've called around junk yards, and even the dealer. No one has any and the dealer said that they went to a four leaf set and you can't even buy the three leaf set anymore. I was also told that Toyota recalled some trucks due to broken rear leaf springs. Does anyone have a stock leaf spring laying around from a lift installation or any ideas where to look for a new spring?

thanks,
Jud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 03:58 PM

Re: OT: Toyota Tacoma leaf springs

I would say buy a small lift maybe 1", because.... the tacoma suspension is the worst toyota product ever desighned. They are way way way to soft. With a new aftermarket suspension the taco is a good rig. I have heard of people achieveing a stiffer suspension and slight lift using either t100 or tundra parts, not sure if that is only for the front coils or will work for the rear.

Good luck
TF
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 08:48 PM

Hate to say this, but ORC bbs has a Toyota bbs too. Not to be rude..... You might want to post there with this. Lots of those guys have old springs laying around after a lift, just like we do.

The other think I might do is check out the Toyota Land Cuiser Association local chapter in your area. You might get lucky with a local chapter of TTORA as well. They might be able to help you out.

http://www.tlca.org
http://www.ttora.org

The Land Crusiers is for every sort of Toyota 4x4 owners. Most of the Toyota guys you will find online are members of it. The TTORA is a Tacoma owners association.

Try checking other junkyards. I got a set of stock Toyota springs for the one I used to have for $50.00

Best regards

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:12 PM

try www.car-part.com I've had pretty good luck finding stuff on there but i tried searching in MD and found nothing, might have to drive a while to get some new springs. I like the idea of trying a toyota 4x4 board for some springs.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode