have to give thanks to bchiker, solved my problem> - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

have to give thanks to bchiker, solved my problem>

You can read my past posts if you wish, but in a nutshell my Jeep just quit running at a stop sign a couple weeks ago.

After cleaning plugs, rebuilding carb, using starting fluid etc it would NOT run.

bchiker suggested it was the coil which I was hesitant to believe since it was still sparking pretty well to a grounded plug. I guess the coil was broken down enough where it would spark in the air, but under the air/fuel and compression in the cylinder the spark just wasn't cutting it.

I bought a new coil(whopping $15) and new plugs(another $6 or $7) and installed them. First turn of the key she roared to life and revs easily. Idle is smoother than it's ever been in the last 60K miles and 8 yrs I've had her.

Just want to give thanks to bchiker and post to let others know what solved my problem.

bchiker, I know you are having some vacuum timing issues with your carb or something, email me at "[email protected]" with some more detail and I will do some testing, take pics, etc to try my best to help you solve your problem now that my Jeep is running again.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:18 PM
bchiker

Re: have to give thanks to bchiker, solved my problem>

GREAT!! Glad it's running. Glad I could help!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: have to give thanks to bchiker, solved my problem>

Seriously, I can test whatever you need to me to in order to help you out. I have a hand vacuum pump that I can actuate the vacuum advance with, etc, and can take pics for you.

You don't happen to know the best place to get replacement parts, do you? I need a new radiator, fan clutch, radiator hoses, etc and don't feel like being raped by the dealers for these items. The Jeep isn't a hotrod right now, so OEM style parts will suffice, I can't see spending $400 on an aluminum radiator or anything if you know what I mean.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode