Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   YAY!! got CJ painted!! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/140615-yay-got-cj-painted.html)

sparky96181 10-21-2002 09:49 PM

YAY!! got CJ painted!!

thats right folks, its painted! i got the jeep finished today. its OD green with black bumpers, windshield/hood hinges, roll bar, and spare tire swing-out thing. its all rattle-can, but i took care in it and sanded and stuff. im currently working on the embossed "JEEP" on the sides and tailgate, painting them black. i never did like all those monochromatic cars. the nice shiny black over the green is a great improvement over flaking gray primer. also, i put axle grease in all the hinges. prety neat, the hood/tailgate sure open easy now.so im happy. it looks a bit army-ish, but hey, its cool. also, i discovered something shocking.. when i took off the hood and windshield hinges, i found out that there was NEVER any paint under them. they were starting to get rusty too. so everyone, check your hinges, you may wanna spray some paint under em! ill post a pic of jeep whenever i get the digital camera out and all. unfortunatly, i cut my finger today while working on jeep. but this jeep aint beat me so far, though its trying its best. ill take it yet!! muahahahahaha!! thanks for the support and info,

sparky, the triumphant(and green-spotted)

BMB 10-21-2002 09:58 PM

Re: YAY!! got CJ painted!!

Sounds good. Mine is green (not flat though) with all black bumpers etc. In case you didn't know, there should be a hole in the middle of the windshield hinges. It is there to put a few drops of oil in for lubrication.
Lets see some pics.

BMB

**DONOTDELETE** 10-21-2002 10:48 PM

Sounds Geat!

Post some Pics!! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

sparky96181 10-22-2002 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are the pics of my nice new green jeep!

sparky96181 10-22-2002 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

cj5_pilot 10-22-2002 07:52 PM

Good deal! Sure is nice to have it all one color isn't it? I was elated after getting mine painted too...it was a mix of primer, rust, faded blue paint and white.

I think you said it was a 5ball (krylon) paintjob...how many cans did you end up needing?

sparky96181 10-22-2002 09:01 PM

i think about 6 or 8 cans of paint. i plan to give it a few more coats everywhere it looks thin. i used the camoflauge ULTRA-FLAT od green. its so flat, even the big dents are hard to see..... and it was cheap, about 1.95 a can

sparky