So who got some pics from Disney, OK? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

So who got some pics from Disney, OK?

Just wondering if any of you guys who went to Disney are back yet with some pics! I wanted to go, but couldn't get off call from work. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Wade or Ryan, did you guys make it down? I'd like to see (or hear) what the trails are like down there, that rating chart made them sound pretty tough. Hopefully everybody had fun and made it home okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: So who got some pics from Disney, OK?

Here is the course I think we (Will, Ozarkjeep, several others) ran this weekend:

That chart makes the trails sound more difficult than they actually are. I had no problems except for one spot on the blue trail where my passenger mirror got into it with a tree and mangled the door pretty good. I have 35's but unlocked F/R. Anything less than a fullsize shouldnt worry about body damage, this risk isnt really there from what I could tell. There was one hill on "Extension" that we had to winch Ozarkjeeper and a 5.0-powered CJ on 33's up, but with a little more playing they could've gotten up it I think. Keep in mind that it was raining and everything was a little wet, so in dry weather they would be even easier. Good brakes are essential though, those hills are loose and steep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 923782-where we went.JPG (67.9 KB, 9 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 01:18 AM

Hey Adam, me and Wade didnt get to go. my TJ isnt quite right, the steering kinda pops when I apply a little pressure. I am getting sick of this crappy jeep. I cant believe how much more I still like my old one compared to the new one. The 5.0 helps Im sure. Wades excuse is he is saving money to do his jeep. Maybe next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 06:21 AM

Ive got several pics, waiting to be developed ( IM low tech).
Will's passenger had a digital camera, and I think he took a bunch of shoots.

it was a blast, except for Muddybronco's door, and I popped a bead on a front tire.

its a really neat place, lots of trails, and lots of large rocks just begging to be driven up and over.

going back there for sure!

MuddyBronco,

it was nice to meet you! I had some thougts on your CB also, shoot me an email, anytime you want to mess with it, or fire up this old welding machine.

Ill make a post with pics as soon as I get them developed, or add to a post if Will beats me to it.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 07:21 AM
Official Historian

Unfortunately, my passenger didn't bring anything to hook his camera up to my computer. I sent him home with a CD to burn them on but will have to wait for the mail to get it back to me. I'll post them when I get them.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 05:06 PM

you will probably still beat me WILL, I havent even uloaded the camera from my truck yet.

Ill see if I can sweet talk the wife into taking it to wally's mart of film development tomorow.
IM still kicking myself for not bringing the video camera, I honestly didnt even think about it until I saw some other guys with them.

DUH

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Official Historian

Then we'll just have to plan a return trip so you can bring your video camera. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 10:59 PM
Mud in my Veins

Hey man, I too had a blast and enjoyed meeting everybody! I found Geoff over at www.rockcrawlers4x4.com, which is the 4x4 club up here in NWA... some of them might come down to Hot Springs this weekend and do some wheelin with the Broncos. My little brother has a video camera in Little Rock, so I'll be shooting some video this weekend, and unless he needs it I'll bring it back up here so I'll have it around for other trips. I have an older capture card that makes decent videos, which is how I made the ones on my webpage.

I managed to get my window back up, but it's still binding a litte bit... I'm not exactly sure why, but it's good enough for me. I need to pull the door panels anyway to change my speaker wiring, so I'll try to get some of the dents out while I'm doing that.

Matt, when is a good day/time to come over and play with the welder?

By the way, does that path i plotted on the map look like where we went, or am I all turned around? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 06:30 AM

Ive already been thinking of another trip also Will.

Eric, IM not sure of my schedule yet ( second day on the job) but I think most sat and sundays im free,, along with most evenings

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 09:35 PM
Official Historian

How soon? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

That route looks right to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode