Dana 44 bearing and seal #s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 07:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dana 44 bearing and seal #s

Hey there maybe somneone could help me with some part#s? First have to say I did check all the forms for info! So heres the deal, starting to rebuild 1976 k-10 dana 44 front end that will be shortened and a 1978 scout rear 44. Problem is Napa or any other part supplier in my are Ont, Canada says bearing and seals for these axles are discontiuned okay! So any help in getting part#s for these listed parts would be very cool!
76 chev dana Spindle (very grooved and out of spec)
76 chev dana Spindle bearing (the cage type)
76 chev dana Spindle seal
76 chev dana retainer (is that a brass looking washer)
76 chev dana Spindle seal seat (think this is the rubber boot that butts up to the axle shaft yoke inside the steering knucle??)
76 chev dana Inner wheel bearing seal
76 chev dana inner wheel bearing
76 chev dana outer wheel bearing
1978 scout rear axle retaining plate, seal, bearing and bearing colar
I know theres alot of info to request but any help with the above part #s would be great then I could go back to Napa with all the part #s! Also would it possible that some of dana 44 parts might share the same part #s as the corparte 10 bolt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Enthusiast

Re: Dana 44 bearing and seal #s

Try

http://www.partsamerica.com/default.asp

Gte the part #s if you can find them there and really screw up the wusses minds. They have the parts they just are to intimidated to look them up in a book. Napa and Carquest probably have a site also. I don't have their links though.

Jackie
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 01:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the site, I did a check for 10 bolt and Dodge w-150 and it seems like the seals and the outer wheel bearing are he same as a dana??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 07:47 PM

Here's the part numbers that I know off the top of my head....These are National Brand part numbers or Federal Mogul numbers

76 chev dana Spindle (very grooved and out of spec)
76 chev dana Spindle bearing (the cage type)....Spindle kit B2110
76 chev dana Spindle seal.....comes in above kit
76 chev dana retainer (is that a brass looking washer) warn part #32750
76 chev dana Spindle seal seat (think this is the rubber boot that butts up to the axle shaft yoke inside the steering knucle??)....comes in above spindle kit
76 chev dana Inner wheel bearing seal....4250
76 chev dana inner wheel bearing......A35
76 chev dana outer wheel bearing......A37 (could be reversed with above number)
1978 scout rear axle retaining plate, seal, bearing and bearing colar......Bearing kit A10 includes bearing and collar....

Let me know if you need any other numbers. I'll try to help you out.

Alec
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Alright Alec top-notch! Thanks for the info man, looking forward to seeing your scout axle write up! Hey with that A10 kit does that include the seal and that new looking retainer plate that has rubber seal molded into it? Also do you have any leads or part#s for replacement chev 76 spindles? I remember reading an article where they had to get a new Wagoneer spindle due to a extremely spun bearing.thanks
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 08:22 PM

The A10 is only the bearing and the retainer ring. I don't remember the rear seal number inner or outer but THEY ARE NOT DISCONTINUED!! As for the spindle...You may be able to get the new but I'm sure they'd be expensive. Your other choice is to get later model jeep/gm spindles (1978 and later) and have the inner portion machined down to fit the inner bearing. Several people have done this on the board, and it should only run about $40-$50 for the pair.
If you can't find a set just start hitting the junk yards...remember the spindle you want is also used on Jeep dana 44's mid 77 models and earlier as well as GM vehicle of the same year.

Alec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode